(12) The Sweetest Thing

The Sweetest Thing

Chapter Twelve

I cuddled in beside him and found myself wishing that life could really be this good all of the time. Why couldn't Randy and Craig be more like Kyle?

We just laid there, talking and laughing until Kyle's stomach started rumbling.

"I think it's time for the kitchen," he joked.

"And what if I don't want to get up?" I asked, teasingly.

"Then we don't have to," he replied, sounding serious. I looked up at his face and saw that he was indeed being serious.

"You're hungry, why would you stay in bed with me?" I asked, sitting up.

"Because I will do anything for you," Kyle replied, staring at me.

"That is honestly the sweetest thing anybody has ever said to me but I really don't want you starving so come on. I'll make you breakfast," I said, getting up from the bed.

Kyle followed me down to the kitchen and I made us some bacon, eggs and toast. After we finished eating we just hung out, watching movies and joking. Kyle didn't stay over for the night but he did pick me up for school the next morning.

I was seriously considering staying at home. I could easily lie and tell everybody that I wasn't feeling well. Nobody would know and I wouldn't have to face the world. But instead I got dressed and headed to school with Kyle.

"Can't you kidnap me over the holidays?" I asked jokingly as Kyle and I made our way into the school.

"I could, but that wouldn't be half as much fun as going on a road trip with your ex boyfriend and your secret lover now would it?" he replied sarcastically as he grinned evilly at me. Kyle was never really excited about the whole road trip idea but agreed to go with, claiming that he couldn't survive the entire summer break without me.

We didn't look for our friends, instead we just hung out in the hallways until the first bell rang. I wanted to put off talking to any one of them for as long as I could. Which didn't turn out to be too long. I was going to ask Kyle if we could go sit on the sports field again at lunch but Olivia spotted me and grabbed a hold of my arm before I could get away.

We sat with the crowd in the cafeteria while Olivia told me all about her plans for the road trip. She wanted me to go clothes shopping with her before we went, I reluctantly agreed, I did want to buy some new clothes too after all.

"I want to go to this place," Craig said, placing a pamphlet in front of me. It was an advertisement for a club. It looked wild and to be honest I wasn't sure if I wanted to go there but not everything was up to me.

"We should go to this camp site my mom told me about," Randy said, joining in the conversation.

That is how it went for the rest of the day. Everybody had something to say and somewhere they wanted to go but we never really decided on anything. I wasn't agreeing on going anywhere until I've checked it out for myself.

Kyle drove me home after school and came in with me.

"I guess we better plan this road trip if we don't want to end up in the middle of nowhere," I said, sitting down at my desk.

"Yes, I seriously don't want to get lost with that bunch," Kyle agreed, sitting down beside me.

I switched on my laptop and we started looking at all the places that were mentioned during the day. We didn't plan on going anywhere specific so I started planning our route and trying to find as many places as possible for us to stop at and do things. I managed to fit in Craig's club and Randy's camping site. I still wasn't happy about it but I guess we couldn't do the same thing every day. Some days we were just going to be on the road anyway since there were long stretches of road in between some of the places.