(20) The Sweetest Thing

The Sweetest Thing

Chapter Twenty

I switched on the TV while I waited for Kyle and flipped through the channels. I wasn't really planning on watching so I just stopped at a movie that looked ok. Kyle didn't take half as long as I did and soon joined me back in the room. He was wearing a pair of black boxer shorts and I allowed myself a quick glance before looking away.

"Is there anything interesting on?" Kyle asked as he walked over to the bed.

"Nope," I replied, getting up and pulling open the covers.

"So what do you want to do?" he questioned, sitting down next to me.

"I don't know, get some sleep?" I suggested.

"Ok, sleep it is then," he said jokingly as he laid down and pulled the covers up over him. I laid down next to him and cuddled into his side.

It didn't take long for Kyle to fall asleep but I battled horribly. Thoughts of the last couple of weeks were haunting my mind as I tried to figure out what to do about Craig, Randy and my feelings for Kyle. It was long after two in the morning when I finally fell into a restless sleep.

The next morning I woke up to the smell of pancakes. I pushed myself up so that I was sitting and quickly looked around the room to see where the source of the smell was coming from. Kyle was standing not to far away in front of a little trolley.

"Smells good," I said, taking him by surprised, he must have thought I was still asleep.

"It was supposed to be a surprise," he stated, turning around to face me.

"It still is, I just saw it a little earlier than expected," I replied, making him smile.

"I ordered your favorite," he said as he picked up a tray and carried it over to me.

"Thanks," I smiled as I took in the full flavor of the pancakes and syrup on the plate in front of me.

Kyle joined me on the bed and we sat in silence while we ate. The food was delicious and I was hoping that it was a good start to a good day. I have honestly had enough of all the drama and really just wanted to relax.

"What do you want to do today?" Kyle asked when he was done eating.

"I have no idea but I guess we are going to the club tonight," I stated, getting up and placing my tray back on the trolley.

We just hung around in the room for a while and then decided that it was time to get dressed and go and see what everybody else wanted to do today. I didn't really feel like talking to any of them but Craig and Olivia's room was the closest to ours so we went there first. I knocked on the door but nobody answered.

"They're probably not here," I stated as I started walking away. Unfortunately I wasn't that lucky and at that moment the door opened revealing Olivia. She was wearing a little night gown and her face was flustered. It didn't take a genius to figure out what they were busy doing.

"Hey," she said, still out of breath. I cringed at the thought and had to look away from her.

"We were wondering what you guys wanted to do today," Kyle said, obviously noticing how uncomfortable I was.