(9) The Sweetest Thing

The Sweetest Thing

Chapter Nine

We went to my house and Kyle came in with me.

"Do you want me to stay Sweet Thing?" he asked, looking concerned.

"Yeah," I replied. I wasn't feeling to good so I got us some crisps and sodas from the kitchen before heading upstairs.

Once we were in my room I placed the stuff on my dresser and fell down on my bed.

"I need to change, these clothes are getting uncomfortable," I mumbled as I pushed myself up into a sitting position. Kyle was already busy getting undressed. I watched him for a second before getting up. He really is hot I thought to myself and then cursed myself under my breath. He is my best friend and thoughts like that weren't going to help the situation I was in.

I walked over to my cupboard and took out a tank top and pajama shorts. I changed in my bathroom, wanting to brush my teeth and freshen up. When I was done I walked back into my room and found Kyle already in bed. He smiled at me but he looked sad.

"How are you feeling Sweet Thing?" he asked, watching me carefully.

"Like crap," I replied honestly. I walked over to my bed and got in under the covers.

"What happened back there that made you so upset?" Kyle asked.

"Doesn't matter," I replied, not wanting to talk about it. I would much rather just forget that it ever happened. I would love to be able to wipe this night from my memory.

"Of course it does, I hate seeing you like this," Kyle said, placing his hand on my cheek and turning my face so that I had to look at him.

I could see that he was telling the truth from the look in his eyes and I couldn't help but wonder why Craig couldn't be as sweet as him.

"Do you want the whole story?" I finally asked, knowing he wasn't going to give up until I told him. I also knew that I would feel much better after confiding in him, I always do.

"Yes and don't you dare leave out any details," he answered, jokingly.

"Ok, but I have to warn you that it's horrible," I said, trying to make light of the subject.

"I kind of figured so, now stop stalling and tell me what happened," Kyle said, all joking aside.

"After Craig and I left he led me to a little back room and we started to make out," I said looking at Kyle. I could usually tell what he was thinking from the expression on his face but that was not the case. His face was blank, void of any emotion.

"I thought that's what you wanted," he stated after a second.

"It was but I also wanted to talk to him about us. The thing is that I didn't really get the chance to do one of the two. Olivia phoned him, wanting to know where he was so he just left me there and went looking for her.

"That's harsh," Kyle said, sucking in his breath.

"I know and it's not even the worst part," I replied.

I sat up and got out of bed, needing something to distract me. I walked over to my dresser and grabbed the crisps and sodas before returning to bed. I opened the pack of crisps and ate a few.