(17) The Sweetest Thing

The Sweetest Thing

Chapter Seventeen

Our room wasn't too big but it was pretty and I felt comfortable in it. We had a huge bed in the centre of the room with bed side tables, a built in cupboard, a TV and a bathroom. Kyle let me shower first so that I could do my hair and makeup while he showered. The water was nice and warm and felt good on my over tense body. I took my time, hoping that the water would calm my nerves and give me strength to carry me through the rest of the night.

When I was done Kyle took a quick shower and I got dressed. I wasn't in the best of moods and didn't feel like trying too hard to look good so I just put on some jeans, a tank top and a jacket. I let my hair hang loose and just added some light makeup to help me look cheerful.

Kyle finished his shower and changed into some black ripped jeans, a t shirt and a black hoodie with little white skeletons all over it. We were done just in time so we headed to the entrance. Nobody was there yet but luckily we didn't have to wait long for them to show up. Both Olivia and Sophia had dressed up and were wearing little dresses, heels and way too much makeup. I shook my head and wondered if it's really possible for somebody to change so fast. It was like she was a completely different person since we left on the trip.

It had stopped raining but the sky was still thick with clouds so we decided to drive to the restaurant, not wanting to take any chances. When we arrived at the restaurant our waitress lead us over to a big table and we all sat down. Kyle sat at the end like always and I sat down next to him. The rest of the group looked around the table to figure out where they wanted to sit and then took their seats. Randy sat down next to me and Craig and Olivia wound up sitting opposite me and Kyle.

Craig kept on smiling at me when he thought nobody was looking and Randy was being really friendly. If the one wasn't dating the girl that I used to view as my best friend and the other wasn't my ex I would have felt like a very lucky girl but unfortunately that's not the case. I wasn't sure if Olivia really didn't notice Craig staring at me or if she just acted like she didn't but I couldn't help feel bad for her. Craig was using her and although we haven't been getting along lately I still felt that she deserved somebody better than him.

We ordered our food and then waited for the waitress to return with our orders. Kyle was really quiet but I didn't worry about it. He is usually quiet when we are around other people. Randy tried making conversation with us but he wasn't very successful. As the night passed I felt more and more uncomfortable. Craig wouldn't stop looking at me and Randy was trying way too hard. By the time everybody was done eating and decided that we should go back to the motel I was severely irritated.

I drove back to the motel with Kyle and when we arrived I didn't bother waiting for the rest of the group. I just grabbed my purse and headed upstairs to our room. Kyle didn't complain but I knew he wouldn't. When I reached our room, I unlocked the door, pulled him inside and locked it behind us.

"I can't take this anymore! Did you see how he keeps on looking at me?" I asked, exasperated.

"You'd have to be blind not too," Kyle replied, smirking. I shook my head and hit him on the shoulder as I walked passed him.

"Randy seemed like he was trying really hard as well," Kyle chuckled.

"He is being so nice, it only makes me feel worse for dumping him," I replied, falling down on the bed.

"Do you regret it?" Kyle questioned, lying down next to me. We were both staring at the ceiling now.

"What?" I asked, wanting to make sure what he was talking about before answering him.

"Dumping Randy and hooking up with Craig," he stated. I thought about his question for a second before answering.

"Yes and no. Randy is a good guy and hurting him the way I did was wrong but I guess I had to find out the hard way and Craig, I'm just not sure about him. I want to believe that he wants me but I don't. I know he is just going to hurt me if I give him the chance," I answered, trying to make sense of things.