Chapter 19

Enjoy!

They say that heartbreak literally feels like you a physically in pain. That your brain mimics the feeling of it. I thought that saying was ridiculous...that is until now. I feel like my whole body is in pain at this very moment...but what makes it even worse is you have that feeling of uncomfortableness...and not belonging.

I can't tell you how long I laid there practically crying my eyes out. When my tears finally dried up I finally got up from the bed. My whole body was aching from all the stress I was putting myself under. I need to stop this or I'll end up having a miscarriage...

The realization hit me that I still hadn't told him about our baby. I need to tell him the next time I see him. No more excuses, he has a right to know. And I'll make it clear that he doesn't have to be with me to be in his child's life. That thought alone put knots in my stomach.

I was able to make it to the bathroom and turned on the shower. I couldn't remember the last time I took a shower. I felt sweaty and disgusting. I know it wouldn't cure my broken heart but at least it would help me feel better on the outside.

I waited until the water was  at a good temperature before stepping inside. I sighed as the warm water ran down my sore back and loosened my muscles. Closing my eyes I tried to think of happy thoughts as the water washed away my sorrows.

After a while I cleaned myself up and stepped out of the shower. Wrapping a towel around me I go to lay on the bed as I close my eyes trying to think of anything else but Gio and Lilly together...

Suddenly, I hear the door open. He's back already? Or maybe it's Mason?

Not wanting to look up I just close my eyes pretending to be asleep. I could hear slow footsteps approaching the bed as I felt the bed dip beside me. I could hear heavy breathing overtop of me.

Gio?

They put their hot palm on my arm and started to slowly move up until the reached my neck. They wrapped their big hand around it and squeezed, forcing me to turn and look at them.

My eyes widened in horror as I gasped for breath.

"Did you miss me my love?"

Giovanni POV

I walked towards her hotel room determined to get answers. I needed to know why. I knocked on the door and one of the other FBI agents answered. "What can we do for you Mr. Moretti?" He asked.

"I need to speak with her. Now." I bit out getting to the point.

"She's busy at the moment come back-"

"I don't care I need to talk to her now." I interrupt him. He gives me an annoyed look but I wasn't going to budge.

"It's fine you can let him in Jared," I hear her say. Jared gives me one last look before opening the door wider for me to walk in. I brush past him not missing to bump his shoulder in the process as I hear an annoyed groan leave his mouth. I smirk in satisfaction. I look over to see Lilly sitting on the bed typing away on a lap top. She had a very tired look in her eyes. Looking more closely at her she had bags under her eyes like she has been having trouble sleeping.

She stops and looks up at me with those light blue orbs. "What do you want Gio," she asks before looking back at her computer.

"I want answers," I say bluntly swallowing the lump in my throat.

She sighs. "Gio I don't think-"

"Tell me, now!" I burst out feeling my chest heaving in anger and distress.

She looks at me for a moment before sighing in defeat. "Okay Gio, I'll tell you the truth...some of it might shock you though. You might want to sit down"

I slowly walk over and sit on the edge of the bed.

"Where do you want me to start?" She asks as she closes her lap top.

"Why don't you start from the beginning," I said not wanting her to leave out any details.

"Okay Gio...back in high school I was recruited by the FBI as an undercover agent investigating the mafia...or more specifically...Antonio Moretti. Your father. They wanted me to get close to his son in order to get to Antonio." She paused and waited for my reaction but I was only silent. I needed to hear more.

"So, I enrolled in school and made it my mission to get close to you." She continued.

I then stopped her there. "So everything..our relationship was a lie is what you are saying." I grit out.

Her eyes widened. "No, the only thing was is I was ordered to get close to you. My feelings for you were true though. I did love you. That was not a lie."

I roll my eyes that statement as I cross my arms. "You expect me to believe that?"

She furrows her eyebrows. "It's the truth Gio...I did love you. Why do you think I wanted us to leave the mafia life when we got married? I wouldn't have done that with someone I didn't love..."

"Then why did you leave me?! Why did you fake your death?!" I blow up not being able to contain my anger any longer.

She was silent as she stared at me. Blinking once she rubbed her right hand on the back of her neck as if she was trying to get out a kink as she let out a sigh. "It was because of your father..."

"My father? What are you talking about?" I asked even more confused than before.

"Your father was going to kill me...that's why I faked my death," she said finally giving me some answers.

"What? But he loved you why would he..." my eyes opened wide in realization, "unless he found out." I said looking at her.

She nodded. "Yes, your father did some background research on me...apparently he didn't like the fact that we wanted a life away from the mafia. He found out I was undercover working for the FBI and was going to have me killed. The FBI helped me fake my death that way I wouldn't have to worry about him coming after me anymore."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing...this whole time I thought she was murdered by a rival gang but she was alive this whole time...and the fact that my father tried to kill her on top of it...a mixture of anger as well as guilt flooded me. I should have protected her.

"Don't"

I look at her. "Don't what?"

"Don't do that. Don't blame yourself for what happened...because nothing is your fault," she said assuring me.

I shake my head.

"It's in the past it's nothing you could have controlled...honestly with everything I've said, I'm surprised you are not more mad at me knowing I kept a big secret from you."

"Oh trust me I am beyond pissed at you..." I grunt out. "It's just...this is a lot to take in and I don't know what to react to first honestly..." All of the emotions I was feeling was just swarming around in a bowl at this moment.

"Lilly!" Jared came back running in the room panting.

"What is it?" She asked.

"I went to check on Miss Ramirez...she's gone."

Immediately, all the emotions I was feeling a few seconds ago wash away from the tidal wave of fear that emerged.

Author note: Here it is! The next chapter is out. I know it took a while but I made it a little longer hope this satisfies you all 😊. Don't forget to vote, follow and share for more updates !