Chapter 6

Calina in her mask for the masquerade ball shown above.

Enjoy!

It was the morning of the masquerade ball. I was laying in bed just looking up at the ceiling with nothing but blank thoughts in my mind as my fear slowly began to take over my body while every minute passed. I still haven't formulated a plan as how to escape this prison. When I thought about my future I never pictured living my life here with Alejandro...maybe once upon a time I thought about a future with him but that was long before I found out he was a monster in disguise.

It seemed everywhere I turned there was security at every door. I could tell Alejandro didn't want to make the same mistake as to let me go again.

I turn my head to look at the clock that read 11:59 am which means it was almost noon and I was still in bed. I didn't care though, I didn't have the energy to move from this spot anyways. I wasn't sure if it was from fear, depression, tiredness, my pregnancy...or a combination of all.

I heard a sudden knock on the door that broke me from my thoughts. "Mi amor are you still in bed?" I hear a quite chipper Alejandro say as he emerged in the bedroom.

I turn my head away from, disgusted to look at him a second longer. "I'm too tired...do we really have to have a party tonight?" I say hoping he will just cancel the whole thing.

"Oh Mi Amor, you know it is not just a party. It is our engagement party. So, it is a very special  night for us," I hear him say as I feel the bed dip by my legs. Which is his way saying 'to show off all of his Cartel drug lord buddies his future trophy wife". Which is all I will ever be to him...a toy to show off. I don't know what I ever saw in this man.

"Now, it is time for you to get up and get ready for tonight. I want you to look your best so I am sending you to the Spa and beauty salon to get pampered and make you look beautiful for tonight." He says as he gets up as I see three body guards emerge into the room.

"Raul, Carlos, and Juan will be your escorts for the day." He says as he starts to walk toward the door. "Oh...and if I find out that you tried anything fishy...there will be major punishment." He says with one last lingering glare. He left the room.

~~~

They didn't give me much time to get ready. They pretty much said to get dressed and be downstairs in five minutes. I just threw on any clothes I had, washed my face, brushed my teeth and ran downstairs.

They were waiting outside with a door open for me to sit in the backseat. I quickly slid into the soft leather as they shut the door behind me.

For the next five and a half hours, I was pampered, waxed, trimmed...basically everything you can think of. Alejandro ordered me to get a Brazilian wax and let me tell you it is not something I will ever get again. I would rather shave for the rest of my life.

I was now back at the house staring at myself in the mirror with a full face of make up. My lips were a dark pink color with navy blue Smokey eyes. My dark long hair was now replenished and was the softest I have felt it been in a long time. It was kept down and curled on the ends.

I was wearing a dark sparkly  mermaid maroon dress that touched the floor with matching purple pumps. I could barely recognize myself. It was as if I was a completely different person. I looked over to my vanity to see my mask. It was a simple black lace mask with a maroon ribbon on the side to match my dress.

I then feel hot breath on the back of my neck. "You look breath taking mi amor," he whispers in my ear.

I twirl around to see Alejandro standing there with a pleased look in his eyes. He was wearing a shiny black tuxedo with a maroon button down top to match my dress and a black mask.

"Come, our guests are waiting for us downstairs," he says while initiating me to take his arm. I grab my mask and put it on before taking his arm to walk downstairs.

The man at the top of the stairs announces our arrival to the guests. " Don Alejandro Julio Vargas and his fiancé Lady Calina Ramirez!" The man announces In Spanish.

We descend down the stairs with everyone's eyes on us while applauding our arrival to the ball. I could feel a pair of eyes staring intensely at me, but I could not decipher from where.

My curiosity broke away as members of the Cartel community and other Don's came to greet us. They all kept saying how happy they are now that I'm back and heard the dreadful news on how I was kidnapped. Ha, how ironic right.

"Excuse me cousin but, may I ask your fiancé to dance with me," a man asks Alejandro in Spanish.

My blood runs cold as I see Joaquin, Alejandro's cousin, leering at me. Before I can deny, Alejandro beats me to it. "Of course," he says handing me over. Joaquin then grips my arm as we make our way to the dance floor.

Memories of the past flooded my brain as I remembered how many times he would sneak into my room to beat me but, unlike Alejandro he pleasured in it. He always had this sickly smile on his face every time I screamed out in horror for him to stop. For some reason he always had some sort of an obsession with me, but he knew he could never have me because of Alejandro.

So, being next to him now makes me instantly want to run away. When we found an open spot he grabbed my waste and thrust me against him while he began to sway us to the classical music.

"Never thought I would see your pretty face here again," he says almost casually which wasn't like him at all. Whenever Joaquin did something he had an ulterior motive behind it. And he wanted to get me away from Alejandro for a reason.

"Cut the crap Joaquin, what do you want?" I bit out.

He almost looks surprised at my backlash but that sickly smile I new so well emerged on his face. "Straight to the point huh? You alway could see right through my act,"

Oh yes I could. I was silent waiting for him to continue.

He leaned over and whispered in my ear. "A little birdie told me you are pregnant,"

My heart skipped a beat as all the air left my lungs. He leaned back and smiled. "I know it's not my cousins...because of his idiotic belief of no sex before marriage."

I gulped. "What is it you want?" I asked again.

"You," he said instantly, looking into my eyes and I tried not to choke on my spit. "I want you, for one night...I couldn't have you before, but now since you have been...deflowered. It will be much easier for me to fuck you," he smiles sinisterly.

I almost wanted to vomit then and there. Yes Joaquin was very attractive to anyone who had eyeballs, but that's where it ends. He utterly repulses me.

"Fuck that, I will never sleep with you," I grit between my teeth. He look pissed for a mere second before plastering that wicked smile on his face again.

"Fine how about this then...if you agree to sleep with me I can persuade my cousin for you to keep your bastard child," he says in a fake sweet voice.

"You are lying." I say as I try to pull away from him. He then thrusts me back against him. He is griping my dress so hard that I think it might tear. And this time I can feel his hardened snake poking against my thigh.

"I am going to have you Calina." He whispers menacingly. "I am going to fuck you, whether it is now or-"

He didn't get to finish his sentence as a deep voice sounds behind me.

"I think it is now my time to dance with her Don Joaquin."

Author note: woohoo! It is finally out now! Next chapter is posted. I took my time with this one making it longer than normal since it had been a while since the last one. I wanted to introduce another evil character. What do you all think of Joaquin? And who is this person that interrupted him? Stay tuned for the next chapter! And as always don't forget to vote, share, comment and follow for more updates!

Chapter uploaded 09/27/2020