Chapter 2

Giovanni POV

I threw my chair across the room in complete fury. I can't believe she thinks I don't trust her. Of course I trust her. If I didn't I never would have told her about Lilly. I practically opened my heart to her.

I sat down in my office chair and touch my fingers to my temples feeling a migraine coming on. I knew I shouldn't have lashed out on her like that but I couldn't help it. When I saw her and Mason together I just snapped.

I stood up and started to pace around the room. This woman is going to be the death of me. I need to call her. I take out my phone and quickly call her phone anxiously waiting to hear her soft silky voice. The phone rings to voicemail so I call once more and the same thing happens only quicker this time. I look down at my phone in confusion. What the hell?

I decide to send her a quick text.

Hey I'm sorry princesa, please forgive me. I do trust you. I love you. Call me back

I watched as the text got sent then suddenly it said 'Not delivered' and my heart sank. "What?" I whispered to myself. I called her phone again and this time it didn't even ring at all.

"Shit..." I quickly hit speed dial for the number I know I can find out answers from. It rings one time before he picks up

"Boss?" I hear a rough voice say.

"Trevor, I need you to track Calina's phone right now and locate it for me," I say quickly.

"Okay you got it give me 5 minutes," he says before hanging up. I wait for his call, timing it down to the second as I paced around the room in my office.

5 minutes later I receive his call back and eagerly accept the call. "Well? What did you find out?" I say with no patience.

"It says that she is right next to her apartment,"he says in a breath my voice.

"Thats all I need to know," I say as hang up and rush out of the office. I burst through my office door startling My secretary as the door makes a loud clang against the drywall.

"Mr. Moretti is something wrong?" She asks in a worried tone as she stands from her desk.

"Yes," I say in a clipped voice and before she could respond I was already making my way to the elevator.

As soon as I got to the ground floor I flew out the door to my car. I sped down the road towards Calina's apartment I ran a handful of red lights but I didn't care. I needed to see her. To know she was alright. To see her big brow eyes looking up at me. To feel her soft caramel skin. "Fuck..." I curse under my breath.

I have fallen really hard for this woman haven't I? What is crazy is I have barely known this woman for a whole month and at the same time I feel as if I've known her my whole life. She has made me feel things I didn't even know was possible. She knows everything about me and yet...she still accepts me for who I am...even the monster inside of me.

After 10 minutes of speeding through the city I pull over to the side of the road in a screeching halt. Run out of the car like a bat out of hell as I look around the apartment building.

Trevor said she was right next to the building? I look over to the right to see there was an alleyway so I walk over curiously to investigate. As I walk down further I don't see anyone in sight but as I look down to the ground my heart almost jumps out of my chest.

There on the ground was a cell phone with a cracked screen. My eyes widen as I recognize the phone case as Calina's. I picked it up to see if it would turn on but the damage to it must have been internally as well.

"Fuck!" I curse as I punch the brick wall to the point where my knuckles drew blood. Did she run away? No...she told me she loved me and we only had an argument. There is no way she ran away. Something seems very off...

I look up to see that there is a security camera hovering over the dumpster. There has to be some evidence showing what happened her. I decide to call Trevor again.

"Boss? Did you find her?" He says breathy,

"No...but I did find her phone...it's broken so whatever happened...happened right here in this alley," I say with clenched teeth.

"Shit...who do you think took her?" Trevor breathes lowly.

"I don't know but I'm going to find out. I need another favor from you. Can you hack into the security camera in the alleyway next to her apartment complex?" I say looking up again at the camera.

"Sure think boss. Give me until tomorrow and I should have the footage," he says.

"Good I need to make another call. So get to work," I say as I walk out of the alley.

"Consider it done. And boss?" He questions

"Yes?" I wait for him to continue.

"We will get her back," he says. But all it felt like to me was an empty promise.

"Bye Trevor," I say before hanging up. I opened my car door and sit down in the driver seat.

I let out a deep breath as I start to pound my fists against the steering wheel letting my anger take over. When that didn't please me anymore I finally got the guts to pull up the phone number of the one person I know I would regret calling later.

It took a few rings but he finally answered. "What do you want?" He asks in a gruff voice.

"I need to to meet me at the Club," I say.

"Sorry to Break it to you Gio but I don't work for you anymore. I quit the moment you beat me to a pulp," he said.

"Mason-"

"No, I would rather not be your punching bag I'm still healing from the last beating you gave me an hour ago," he rants on. This kid.

"I need to-"

"And I was only telling you the truth by the way. I was only looking out for her best interest-"

"Calina has been kidnapped," I blurt out since he wouldn't shut up.

There was silence on the other end for some time before I heard low breathing.

"What time do you need me there?"

Author note: Yay! Another update! And it was in Gio's POV. I hoped you guys like it.

Looks like Gio and Mason are gonna have to work together to get Calina back. What do you think will happen next?
Let me know in the comments below!

If you haven't checked out my new book His not so fake love go and check it out I have two chapters out as of now 💕.

And as always don't forget to vote, share, and follow for more updates!

Chapter posted 07/18/2020