Chapter 10

Enjoy!

"Gio...h-how?" Were the only words that escaped my lips as I stared at the man I never thought I'd see again.

He only smiles as he lifts his hand to stroke my cheek. I exhale sharply feeling as if life entered my body again igniting it.

"I promised I would always protect you didn't I?" He whispers with determined eyes.

His hand brushed over my shoulder and I flinch from pain. His eyes widen in shock at my reaction as he moves over my sleeve.

I dare not to look at his face as he surveys the bruises that Alejandro inflicted on me only a day ago. His breath suddenly became very shallow.

"Calina, look at me," he says almost demanding in a voice filled with anger. But when my eyes flickered over to his all I saw were guilt and pain. His jaw was clench so hard that I thought he might shatter his teeth.

"Did he do this to you?" He grounded out.

I only nodded and he instantly let out a low growl.

"He is going to fucking pay for this," he grits out with fire in his eyes.

"Gio-"

"No! Don't make excuses! He hurt you! Again!" He bellowed.

He suddenly started to pace around the balcony while breathing heavily like a wild bull ready to be unleashed. I looked down to see he had a gun at the hip of his dress pants and every so often he would reach for it before dropping his hand. I knew I needed to do something before he did something foolish.

I slowly walked up to him and lifted my palm to his cheek to calm his anger. He instantly froze at my touch. I watched as his eyes widened before completely closing. He then Leaned his head into my hand relishing in the contact with my skin. I also saw that his breathing was slowing down.

"This is why you are everything to me," he whispered softly as he took my hand and placed a soft kiss on my wrist. I felt an instant burning sensation flow to my cheeks.

"W-what do you mean?" I ask as my voice is caught in my throat. This man never seems to fail to make my heart go pitter patter.

"You are the only one in the world that can calm me down like this," he says before he pulls me flush against him and embraced me in a bear hug.

His confession only makes me redder in the face as I look up at him from embarrassment.

"W-well I-I" I stutter not knowing what to say.

A deep rumble comes from his chest. "Damn it. You are just so darn cute when you get flustered." He smiles.

"Hey. Don't tease me," I say trying to sound annoyed but failed to get the message across. Well, atleast he is smiling again.

"I think we better get back inside. We have been gone for a while. Don't want my cover blown just yet," he says as he kisses my temple before putting back on his mask to conceal his gorgeous face.

I give him a nod before we walk inside. He entwined his fingers with mine and gave it a tight squeeze before letting me go. The warmth leaving with him.

"We need to separate. If they knew I was with you it would look suspicious." He says as he starts to walk away from me.

"Wait!" I whisper yell as I grab his arm. I didn't want him to go. Not yet. Not when I just got united with him after so long.

"Please tell me your plan." I pleaded.

He turned around and put his hands on my shoulders gently and looked deep in my eyes. "I can't go over all the details. However I will tell you that we are leaving here tonight. I will let you know by sending a signal.

"How will I know what the signal is?" I ask needing more information.

"It will be a code word. Trust me you will know when I say it." He says. "Now I gotta go. I need to check in with Mason."

"Mason is here too?" I asked a little surprised. Last time I say him he confessed he liked me and he got in a huge fight with Gio. To think that they were here together was completely shocking.

"Of course. You didn't think I was here alone did you?" He asked with his lip turned up a little. I assumed he was showing an amused look on his face under the mask

"No I just-" he shushes me by putting a finger to my lips.

"No more talking in English okay? I'll see you in a little bit my love," he says before disappearing into the crowd.

After he was gone I decided to make my way back to our table. Feeling extremely flushed, exhausted from this entire night.

I was a few feet away from the table when I suddenly felt an arm wrap around my torso, pulling me back against a hard chest.

"There you are. I was looking everywhere for you. Where have you been?" He questioned as I felt his hot breath on my neck. As I breathed in I could smell the liquor emitting from his breath.

Alejandro. He's been drinking which isn't a good sign.

"I'm sorry. I had to use the restroom. I haven't been feeling too well." I lied with a shaky voice. Hopefully since I'm not looking at him he won't see through my lie.

I turned around to look at him as he peers down at me with clouded eyes. He was more drunk than I thought.

"No need to apologize my love. Come. Let's dance. It is our engagement party after all, yes?" He says almost happily but as he grabbed onto my wrist to pull me toward the dance floor, I knew something was wrong.

His grip on my wrist only got tighter which made me let out a small whimper in pain. "Alejandro you are hurting me," I said with trembling lips.

He then makes us stop and starts to dance pulling me with him. "Now Calina, I'm only going to ask this question one more time. I searched the bathrooms already and you weren't there...now where were you for the past 10 minutes?" He whispers menacingly.

"Alejandro you must be mistaken. I swear I was in the restroom this whole time," I pleaded with tear filled eyes.

He lets out a mocking laugh as he looks at me with a disgusted face. "Why do you continue to lie to me Calina?"

"I'm not-"

"Shut up!" He grounds out in my face which makes me jump in fright.

"Since you refuse to tell the truth there is something I want to show you," he then takes my hand and guides me out of the party area as we walk down a long hallway. We then take a door that goes downstairs which I assume to be the basement.

"Alejandro you are scaring me please what is going on?" I say as we walk in almost complete darkness.

He completely ignores me as we continue to walk. I clamp my mouth shut not wanting to set him off.

We then reach a door where two big men are standing with guns. One of them opens the door for us to walk in. As we go in I notice a man is sitting on a chair with his head covered. My heart picks up as I dread who it might be underneath that cover.

"What is going on Alejandro?" I ask confused.

He smiles evilly as he starts to speak in English. "You tell me my love. I would like for you to tell me who this man is," he says before he lifts the cover off his face.

I gasp in shock as half dead blue eyes looked up at me with disheveled sandy blonde hair.

Mason.

"By the look on your face I see you know this man. Now, are you going to tell me who he is and why he is here? Or am I gonna have to kill him to get the truth out of you," he says evilly as he places a knife on his neck.

Author note: Here is is! Hope you liked this chapter. Chasing Red Dawn has now reached over 20,000 reads! I can't thank you all enough for reading my story. The more you guys read the more it makes me want to write. As always don't forget to Vote, share, read, and follow for more updates ! 💕

Chapter uploaded 11/08/2020