Chapter 21

Gio POV

My fear quickly turned to anger as I grabbed Jared by the top of his shirt, "Gone?! What do you mean GONE? I just saw her 5 minutes ago!" My nostrils flared.

"Gio let Jared go," I felt gentle fingers placed on my back as I turned around to see Lilly giving me a stern look. I glared back at her ready to argue but her eyes looked like lasers burning my face. Closing my eyes I let out a breath, letting the guy go.

"Jared what happened?" Lilly asked moving in front of me to get more space between us.

"Well, I saw a suspicious black cadi driving away not two minutes ago. I checked the tracker we had put on Calina...and it seems she's in that car right now," he says.

My eyes opened wide. "You put a tracker on my girlfriend?"

"We needed to make sure we knew where she was at all times...don't act like you haven't done that before too...I know you all too well Giovanni Moretti," she said with a raised brow.

My tongue was caught in my throat...she was right I had done that before...but only to keep her safe. I touched to fingers at the bridge of my nose as I closed my eyes feeling a migraine coming on.

This cannot be happening again...it's him. I KNOW it is. That fucking bastard has her again. And it's my fucking fault. I was supposed to have kept her safe...

I grit my teeth together as my nostrils flair as though smoke was about to emerge from them. Exhaling a deep breath I grit, "Find out where they are taking her."

Calina POV

I stood there staring at myself in the mirror for what it seems to be like hours. I was about to marry this murderous, manipulative, horrible man and there was nothing I could do. I watched as one lonely tear escaped down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away. I had tried everything in my power but, there was no escaping Alejandro. He would always find me.

But what about Gio?

Gio had Lilly back, so there is no room for me in his life, she was the love of his life. I just need to accept this and move on.

And the baby?

I don't want him to chose me by default, just because I am raising his child. It...it just wouldn't be right.

A knock on the door broke me out of my thoughts as I see one of the maids enter the room.

'Hello miss, it is time to come downstairs, there is a car waiting for you to take you to the church."

I nod my head as I descend down the stairs to the open door of a black limousine. I had a thought to make a break for it...but there was too many men waiting around for me to make a move. So, instead I slide into the black car.

As the car drives me to the church, my nervousness slowly starts to become numb. My mind clouds with blank thoughts and before I know it the door was opening for me to leave the car. The tall women I met before greets me at the door with a smile. She tells me to wait for my queue then I can start walking down the aisle.

I zone out as I walk down the aisle. The church is full of people, but I don't dare to look at anyone in the eyes. I fear I'll break out of the emotionless trance I am in and brake down crying right then and there.

I reach the end of the isle, and I feel someone lift my veil. Looking up I see a grinning Alejandro, not grinning in a loving way, but in a way as though he had just won a prize.

The Priest has started the ceremony already but again I just tuned everything out. About a minute or two later I could hear him repeating something. I look to him

"Do you take this man to be your husband?" He asked me. He looked as though he had repeated this question about three or four times now.

My eyes open wide and I lick my lips.
"I..uhh" I stutter nervously

The whole church was quiet waiting eagerly to hear my answer. "N-"

"Of course she does," Alejandro curtly interrupts me as he grabs me by the wrist and starts to squeeze hard.

I whimper in pain in response.

"Did you hear that? I think that was a yes father. Wouldn't you agree ?" Alejandro said with dominance in his tone.

The priests face was white like a blank sheet and a single drop of sweat went down his forehead. He then clears his throat"Uh yes Mr. Vargas. I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss your bride!" He says those last words loudly so that the people in the back of the church can hear.

I had no time to respond as he crashed his lips onto mine. I tried pushing away to no avail. I felt as if a big lump was in my throat as he violated my mouth. To what almost felt like an eternity he finally removed his lips from mine.

The people in the church began to clap and cheer but all I could feel was hopelessness and disbelief that I was now married to the man I despised most in this world.

Why.. I felt a lone tear fall down my chin.

Alejandro roughly tugged me down the aisle outside to the awaiting limousine. Opening the car he barked at me to get in.

As I slid inside I made it a point to try and sit as far away from him as I possibly could.

I hear a deep chuckle come from his throat. "Oh my love just give it about an hour and you won't be able to keep your hands off of me, I promise you."

I quickly averted my gaze to his face. "What do you mean?"

I watched as he slid across the limousine and was right up against me and without looking away he says, "Our honeymoon starts now,"

Author note:

Hello my lovely readers, I AM BACK. I know it's been forever, I could give you all every excuse in the world as to why I haven't been writing, but I won't. Just know that if it's the last thing I do. I will get this book finished. I hope you liked this chapter. Until next time!

-Colleen:)