Chapter 23

He continued to rape me for another hour after that. Although I didn't resist. From fear of him hurting my unborn baby.

I didn't even bother to beg him to stop because I knew he wouldn't listen to me. At one point I felt as if I was having an out of body experience. That this wasn't happening to me at all and that it was just another one of my nightmares. That I would soon wake up in a cold sweat.

I was still lying there handcuffed zoning out when I felt a click of one of my handcuffs.

I slowly roll over facing away from him as he lights up a cigarette and takes a deep puff.

"Is it okay if I wash up ?"  I ask in a small obedient tone.

There is a moment of silence before he answers. "Go ahead, just don't take too long."

I quickly make my way to the bathroom and shut what is left of the door behind me. Turning the shower head on I wait until it's warm enough the hop in.

I tried to wash it away. Hoping that it would mean it didn't happen. I looked down to see that bruises had started to form on my legs from where he was forcing my legs apart and welts appeared of where he was hitting me with his belt. Touching them made a hiss escape my throat in agony but, the water seemed to ease the pain a little.

When I was done in the shower I noticed that there was a robe hanging on the back of the door so, I decided to slip it on.

With my hair still wet I slowly walked back into the bedroom to see a display of food sitting on a cart.

"I thought maybe we could have dinner in bed tonight," He slipped his arms around me from the back and starts to play with the tie of my robe. He then starts to kiss my neck slowly then hungrily.

"I- but Alejandro aren't you tired?" I asked trying to make it about him and not the fact that I didn't want to do it anymore today. But, more importantly at all.

He stops at my question and spins me around roughly. "If I was tired I wouldn't be wanting to fuck you right now. Now would I ? What kind of stupid question is that?" he grabs my wrists roughly again. "And for that you will be punished."

"Get your filthy hands OFF of my woman." A deep angry voice says from behind.

My heart skips a beat. Did I just imagine it?

To confirm my curiosity, Alejandro's angry gaze lifts up to look behind me to where the voice came from. His jaw starts to clench with rage. "So, it's you," he scowls.

I slowly turn my head to look as well. My eyes widen.

There, standing on the edge of the balcony in all of his glory was Giovanni. His eyes enraged with pure hatred. His eye flickered to mine for a few moments and they soften a bit, almost in an apologetic expression. He then looked down to see him squeezing my wrist still and I swear I could see smoke come out of his nostrils.

"Did you not hear what I fucking said?!" In a quick motion he took out his gun and pointed it right at Alejandro. "Let. Her. Go."

But instead of doing what Gio asked. Alejandro spun me around so that my back hit his chest and he took out a gun as well. His other free hand is now wrapped around my neck.

We were now at a stand off. With me in the middle.

"She is mine." Alejandro growled with pure vengeance in his voice as he cocked his gun while pointing it toward Gio.

"She's not your property Vargas." Gio bit out as he clenched his jaw while holding his position and pointing his gun as well. He slowly moved a couple more steps toward us and I could feel Alejandro's grip on me getting tighter.

"Shut up. I know she still loves me. We are meant to be together." Alejandro bit back with delirious eyes.

I could feel my heart beating faster by the second. I knew what was about to happen.

"No. She doesn't want you anymore. She wants to be with ME. So just give it up. She loves me and I LOVE HER." Gio scoffs.

My face flushes. He loves me? So he does want to be with me?

"LIAR!" Alejandro yells before shots are fired.

"NO! GIO!" I scream. Everything was in slow motion. I watch as Gio evades the bullets shot at him and he dives to the side he looks up and shoots one bullet.

I hear a yell from behind and I see that Gio shot him in the shoulder.

This gives me the time to escape his grip. But his anger must have taken over his pain. "No you fucking don't." I feel a sharp pain at the back of my head as I fall to the ground. Dizziness instantly started to take over my body. I roll over to see an enraged Alejandro standing above me dripping blood down his shoulder.

He lifted his gun up to my face. "If I can't have you. Then no one will," he says in a sinister tone.

I should be scared. I should be begging for my life. But instead I just lie there as my vision starts to get darker by the second.

One more bullet goes off. And I see a tiny hole in the middle of Alejandro's forehead before he falls from view.

I then close my eyes as darkness consumes me.

~~~

Waking up. I hear my slow heart beating on a monitor. I felt scared for a moment, but calmed down realizing I was in a hospital.

There was a man sitting next to my bed with his head down but I couldn't see his face. He was holding my hand.

I was about to tap on their shoulder when the door to my room was open and a doctor came in. "Ah! Miss Ramirez. You are awake!" He had a big smile on his face that showed his white teeth.

"What happened?" I just questioned.

"You had some internal bleeding in your head. Unfortunately we had to undergo emergency surgery to stop the bleeding. Luckily we were able to stop it in time before there was any major damage. Thanks to this man here that brought you in to us." He said gesturing to the man beside me.

I now saw that he was awake. He smiled at me with his striking green eyes but all I say in response was "Who are you?"

~~~

Author note:

Hi my lovely readers ! Here is another update for you. 3 chapters in one week . Now I think that's definitely a record. Thank you all for reading so far. Until next time

-Colleen :)