Chapter 3

Enjoy!

"Mi Amor, you have barely touched your food, please eat something," Alejandro said from across the table.

I pushed my food around with my fork in deep thought. It's not that I wasn't hungry. It was that everytime I moved my fork towards my mouth to eat a mouthful of food, I would suddenly feel nauseous.

I place down my fork as I look at Alejandro. "May I be excused? I haven't been feeling well. I think I might have a stomach ache," I say as I start to rub my tummy.

Alejandro lets out a deep sigh. "Fine, but you still need to eat something and you better feel better by this weekend. Go to your room and rest. I'll have the cook make you some soup to bring up to you later," he says as he waves me off.

I take no more time to run up to my room once he dismisses me. I reach my room within minutes as I collapse on my bed as my nausea got worse. I started to feel chilly so I decided to get under the covers. What is wrong with me? Did I eat something bad maybe?

I guessed that was the case so I decided to see if I could get some sleep as I drifted off. Some time later I hear a soft knock at the door.

"Seniorita, perdoname (pardon my intrusion miss)." I hear a soft female voice say as the door creeks open. I look to see a made holding a tray of food enters the room.

I sit up in my bed as I wait for her to come closer. "Tengo un comida (I have your food)," she says as she places the tray of soup on my bed.

"Gracias (thank you)" I say politely.

I take a whiff of the soup and my stomach instantly churns as I feel bile reach my throat. I push the food to the side and make a run for it to the toilet knowing what's about to happen next.

"Que pasa señorita?! (what's wrong miss?), The maid calls in a concerned tone as I run to my destination.

I don't stop until I reach the toilet. I lean over and empty my stomach of its contents until I start to dry heave. The maid  not knowing what to do than just rub my back until I'm finished. I lean my head on the side of the toilet and wipe away the tears from my eyes. It must have been something I ate.

"Esta bien amante? ( Are you okay mistress?), the maid looks down at me with full concern. I take this time to look up at her and really analyze her. She has probably worked here her whole life as I noticed she had fading scars on her hands. She was probably no older than me. She had short black hair that went down to her shoulders. As I surveyed her face I noticed she had big deep brown eyes. She was quite beautiful if you really took the time to look at her.

"Cual es su nombre? (What is your name?)" I asked avoiding her question.

She averted her gaze from me. "Mi nombre es Cecilia,(my name is Cecilia)" she says looking down which I'm guessing is something she was trained to do.

"Cecilia que Bella,( how beautiful)," I say and I detect a curve in her lips as she tries her best not to smile.

"Gracias, amante, (thank you mistress)"

"Aye! Porfavor no me digas eso, (ugh, please don't call me that), I say rolling my eyes as I sit up starting to feel a tad better.

She suddenly felt a little lost. "Lo siento pero...como deberia llamate? (I'm sorry but...what should I call you?) she asks timidly.

I smile at that. "Calina, esta bien, (Calina is fine)."

She then mirrors my smile back at me. "Esta bien, Calina" (okay Calina)

I suddenly felt nauseous again as I empty more food out of my stomach that I didn't even know that I had.

"Estas seguro que estas bein? No es normal vomitar tanto, ( Are you sure you are okay? It's not normal to be vomiting this much)" she says.

A realization hit me as I lifted my head. No it couldn't be...could it? I turn to Cecilia and she looks at me questionably. I then let out a huge sigh.

No harm in checking...only one way to find out.

"Cecilia, tengo que pedirte un favor, (I have a favor to ask you). She nods her head periodically as she listens for my instructions of what I need her to get me. After she helped me back to the bed she then leaves my room.

I lay my head back down and suddenly feel drowsy as I fall back asleep again. In what seems like a short time someone was shaking my shoulders to wake me but I was too sleepy to open them.

"Calina despierta. Traje lo que pediste. (Wake up. I brought what you asked for)," I hear a woman whisper in my ear.

Those words make my eyes shoot open as I sit up in bed. "Gracias, Cecilia," I say as I take the small box from her and make my way back to the bathroom.

I waste no time as I take the test and silently wait for my results. After a few minutes I turn over the test to see my results and almost gasp in shock.

No this can't be right.

I quickly take out the second test in its package and do the same process. This time I didn't bother to wait as I watched the results form in front of my eyes.

I was utterly dumbfounded as I slumped to the floor in shock as the pink little plus sign formed on the test in front of my very eyes.

"Merida, (shit)"

Author note: well there you have it everyone. I know the chapter was short but I hope you all still liked it. Let me know what you think in the comments below and as always. Vote. Share. Comment. Follow for more updates 🥰

Chapter updated 08/05/2020