Power of Church

Her Diary

The whole family had come to church and a couple of my brothers mandem, Dope had passed saying he was busy.

We picked up Harley and made our way here. Zephyr met us there and it was a rather big church.

I found it odd that Zephyr was sitting up in the fourth row of the church instead of the back row like most dudes did. You usually would only just see the old people take up the front rows.

The majority of the church seem to be mostly people in their twenties and younger, Z pointed at the pastor that would be preaching today.

"That's pastor T and next to him is pastor Rich. Pastor T bout to bless our ears with a bomb ass service init." Zephyr said cheesing as he placed an a over my shoulder.

Church started and I hummed along to the worship songs and watched as Z prayed during the songs.

I wanted to ask him what he was praying for but I didn't want to be all up in his business.

After the hype worship song were done the pastor came and introduced himself.

Pastor Terrance Wilson or Pastor T for short. A young looking pastor with a bald head maybe around his thirties and a nice grown out beard that looked like he kept neat.

He warmed up the crowd by telling us family matters of his own. About how he suffered from things that lead him to where he was now.

I was guessing the topic was on suffering.

""Man who is born of woman is of few days and full of trouble" (Job 14:1). We can especially appreciate these words when we think of the suffering endured by the one who spoke them. Different people deal with different problems and afflictions, and it seems that some suffer more hardships than others do. But we all know by personal experience and from the experiences of those we know, that Job's statement is true. Troubles concern us, not just because hardship itself is a burden, but also because affliction can lead to spiritual temptations. We may be tempted to feel that our trials justify committing sin. We may become so discouraged that we blame God for our troubles, lose faith in Him, or begin to doubt His goodness and mercy. As Job's wife said, "Curse God and die" (Job 2:9). But if y'all know the bible God gave Job double of what he lost because he never lost faith in God."

People began to stand up and clap.

It was only just the beginning of the sermon and it was already getting people Hype.

Pastor T was getting in on the word.

He had that voice that just commanded you to listen.

It felt like Zephyr had somehow talk to the pastor and convince him to give this specific word on my behalf.

"Some suffering is simply a temptation from Satan.
Job 1:1-2:10 expressly states that Job's suffering was a temptation from Satan. He hoped that, because he was suffering, Job would turn away from God. Many other passages teach that Satan is responsible for the suffering of other people, God should not be blamed for the existence of suffering.
If we believe that all suffering results from a person's own sin, and if we see good people suffering, we may be tempted to blame God or to think He is not keeping His promises. But we have learned that all people suffer, whether or not they are righteous." Pastor T said and Z squeezed my hand lightly and I laid my head on his shoulder.

" Why you ask? The command to endure suffering is just another part of a Christian's life, like the command to study the Bible, pray, worship, etc. Faithful Christians of all ages have suffered; we are not the only ones. We should expect suffering to come, so our faith will not be shaken when it does. The ultimate and primary blame for suffering rests on Satan who tempts people to sin and thereby brought sin into the world. The secondary blame rests upon people, ourselves included, who have given in to temptation and committed sin that led to suffering." Pastor T said and people started clapping.