Wattpad Original
There are 69 more free parts

ballroom

noun ~ a large room used for dancing

The new King raised his hands to get the crowd to quieten and when they did so he clasped his hands together as he looked over us.

"Thank you for accepting me as your new King," Alexandar announced. "I would like to introduce my true mate, Theia Cooper of Moon Rock Pack. I have kept our mate-ship a secret due to the prejudice my father held, and I could not bear to witness what would happen to her if she did not pass his tests."

The crowd let out low murmurs and my hand tightened around Phoenix's shirt. He held me close, his hand wrapped around my waist and resting on my hip.

"We are here today, to announce our courtship and to publicly mark each other in the eyes of the world." He finalised. "I know it is uncommon, but it is something we both feel strongly about... Theia is half-witch; her mother a full-blooded witch was mated to her father-the Beta of Moon Rock Pack. Tonight being the Harvest moon, we have never felt closer to the Moon Goddess and hope to secure our bond and seek forgiveness for my ancestors' actions."

My eyes fell to behind him just as some curtains electronically opened to reveal a huge, and I mean huge, window. It was clear glass, as high as the room around us and encased in a silver window frame. I could see the brilliance of the night sky, the harvest moon bright as it made its ascent into the sky. I remember my mum telling me of the harvest moon. That signified the end of summer and allowed us to have time to seek forgiveness and grow close to loved ones as the colder months approached.

Theia approached the stage, the moon bright behind her. I have never felt so inclined to paint, my nails digging into my palms to resist the urge. I swear heard Phoenix chuckle lowly, but I wasn't sure if it was real so I ignored it.

Theia stood before the King and his hands embraced hers as the elder stepped forwards once again. I swallowed as he stood opposite where we were, his eyes falling to me. They widened slightly, as he stared at my face but I held my ground. I knew I was going to get stared at tonight and the prickling sensations of the eyes behind us was something I was desperately trying to avoid.

"My King, do you accept Theia as your life partner? To love and cherish her, to swear by her through life and even death?"

"I do." Alexandar nodded, making her smile.

"Theia, do you accept King Alexandar as your true mate? To love and cherish him, to swear by him through life and even death? To take control in the unfortunate event the King cannot?" The elder spoke.

"I do." She spoke for the first time, her voice a surprising husk.

"Theia, do you vow to uphold our values, our virtues, and take care of our kingdom? To secure our future, celebrate our past and cherish our present?"

"I vow."

The elder bowed. "Does anybody have any reason why these two should not be mated? Speak now, under the watchful eyes of the Moon Goddess and the world before you."

The room was silent apart from the gentle breathing of the wolves.

"Very well." A small smile graced his face. "I announce you as true mates. You may now claim each other."

The crowd stayed silent, even as the two embraced and sank their fangs into each other's necks. They shuddered and released quiet moans that had me looking away in polite respect. When they eventually pulled away, I looked back just as Alexandar licked the blood from her neck. They beamed at each other, wide grins as they stared into each other's eyes. So full of love, and happiness. I could see the energy force between them; a charging fire in the air that surrounded them. The moon shone brightly behind them, casting its wonderful glow as it began to reach its peak in the sky.