Wattpad Original
There are 51 more free parts

dinner

noun ~ the main meal of the day, taken either around midday or in the evening

"Are you sure you will be okay travelling so far?"

I sighed, turning to Sean with a scowl. It had been just over a week since the sunset on the hill, about three since I had that horrible white wolf dream. Today I was preparing my things in a suitcase, ready to travel to the mountains. It was a twelve-hour car ride, not including any breaks. We were leaving first thing tomorrow morning.

Sean was driving there and was insistent on making sure that I was okay being a car for so long. The last journey we had gone on, was one with Molly three days ago and it took an hour. I had travel sickness about halfway through and Sean had been wary of taking me out again in case I vomited in his car.

"I'm fine. I think it was because I just had dinner before we left. I've only been in a car like five times in my whole life." I laughed.

He rolled his eyes at me, folding the bed sheet in his hand before putting it in the basket. We were doing laundry together, something that we often did before I had mated Phoenix. It was nice to get back into an old routine, doing things like this with each other. It felt normal, even though I had people telling me they would do it for me, I had shaken my head, not wanting to be treated so specially.

"Okay. But take some sick bags with you just in case." He narrowed his eyes in warning.

I laughed at him but nodded my head. "Okay. If it keeps you happy."

"Well, I need some kind of control, being stuck with both Charlie and Pollux."

"What's wrong with me?"

I exhaled loudly with a groan. "Are you some kind of wizard? Speak your name and you appear?"

Charlie's eyes widened with amusement. "You know, I'm glad you are finally biting back, but if you're going to talk crap about someone maybe not do it in public."

I laughed at his wink, hiding the blush that covered my cheeks. "We are not talking crap about you."

"Sure you're not." His grin widened as he turned to eye Sean.

I noticed how Charlie's eyes scanned Sean's appearance, and they exchanged a brief nod before he turned back to me. I frowned, picking up my laundry basket filled with clean bedsheets and towels.

"What are you doing in the laundry room anyway?" He asked.

I blinked, dumbfounded. I glanced at the huge basket in my hands, to the fact Sean was still folding his things from a clothes airer.

"The laundry..." I gave him an incredulous look.

"Okay, good... Bye then." Charlie smiled before walking away.

I turned to Sean, who has finished folding, with a confused expression. He shrugged, a smile on his face as he came to stand beside me.

"I don't even know."

We laughed as we left the room and up the stairs. We parted ways once we reached his floor and I made my way down my own private hall. Phoenix was in his office today, his bond wide open to me which meant he wasn't doing anything too strenuous. I made my bed, humming a random tune as I did so. I had to launch myself across the bed at one point to get the far corner of the sheet on, but once it was done, I sighed in satisfaction.

Checking the time, I found it was close to six o'clock and made my way to Phoenix's office. It was the last dinner I'd had with him for a while and I knew the pack was wanting to all eat together before I left for a month. I knocked on his door before entering, poking my head around to make sure he wasn't too busy.