Wattpad Original
There are 43 more free parts

cousin

noun ~ a child of one's aunt or uncle

The next day, I woke alone. I lay in bed, staring out the window with longing. I had called Phoenix last night, falling asleep to the sounds of his breathing, but I woke with an ended phone call and an ache in my chest. We had mainly just discussed the ride here, and the conversation at dinner. I had told him that it was a fact his ancestor was an original bloodline and his laughter down the phone had me realise he was more than happy with that.

I rolled out of bed with a groan, dragging my way into the bathroom to shower for the day. I had skipped it last night in pure excitement to talk to Phoenix. The water was warm and the shower head was wide and massaging down my back. Closing my eyes to rinse through my hair, I smiled as I remembered the last shower I had with Phoenix back home. My hand traced my mark as a shock of desire shot through the bond and I chewed my lip at the pure lust.

I sighed, shaking my head to clear my ears and coming face to face with an empty wall. I shut off the water, pulling my hair into a towel before wrapping one around my body. Drying off, I made my way to my suitcase, still unpacked and opened it to pull out some clothes. It was damp outside, grey clouds covering the sky.

I chose comfy underwear with some thick leggings, warm socks, a t-shirt and one of Phoenix's hoodies. It came to my knees and I lifted the collar to inhale his scent. The earth tones comforted me and I hope he found the same comfort in the clothes I had left behind. I mean, he would never fit in any of them, but the imagery is funny enough.

I unravelled my hair and walked back into the bathroom. I had discovered a power socket by the vanity and thankfully had brought my hairdryer with me on this trip. I brushed my teeth and applied my face moisturiser and heat spray to my hair first before plugging it in and drying my hair to the best of my ability. It had grown since I had it cut in spring, now sitting in line with my nipples. I enjoyed its length, happy to have it cut if it ever grew past this. Having such long hair past my hips before had been a nightmare to handle. But I could never picture myself with short hair, I loved having such length to my hair.

Blinking out of my daydream, I finished my hair and left the room. I pulled on some of my boots, deciding that I would scout the rest of this land today despite the rain. I grabbed a raincoat, tying it around my waist for now as I left the room.

I raised my hand to knock on Pollux's door but had no answer. The door on the opposite end was swung open and I turned to see him standing in Charlie's doorway. His hand gripped the door as he gave me a lazy smirk and I saw Charlie marching around his room behind him.

I grinned as I made my way over. "I knew you two were getting along but never thought it was this well."

Pollux rolled his eyes. "Please, if I was to be with anyone, it would not be Charlie."

I laughed and entered the room, the door shutting softly behind me just as Charlie shouted a protest.

"That is unfair. What's wrong with me?"

Pollux rolled his eyes with a smile. "It's not your gender that's the problem, I have no preference for that, in fact, it's just the very being of you."

Charlie's mouth opened in horror. "You don't love me, Pollux?"

I laughed. "I think if you two had ever been a couple, I would run far, far away."

They both laughed, shaking off the teasing moment. Charlie marched back to his bathroom, his shirt being torn off in the moment. My eyes widened and I averted my gaze as he came back through, a new top in hand and still shirtless.

"What's wrong Nova, never seen a shirtless man before?" Pollux teased.

"Oh, I think she has seen plenty enough." Charlie laughed, pulling the long-sleeved top over his head.