Wattpad Original
There are 33 more free parts

explore

verb ~ to travel in or through an area to learn about it

Charlie had told me the story of how he and Phoenix met and I felt my heart ache in sorrow for the pair. Both had lost their parents at a young age, Phoenix hadn't even shifted naturally when they passed. Charlie had lost his mind to his wolf and I bet it was a long and tiresome journey for him to be as in control as he is now.

"I still have moments where I lose my crap, especially around the time they passed."

"It was only a couple of weeks ago, right? How did you handle it?" I wondered as we walked back to the house.

He shrugged. "I stayed inside, I have Calida now and as much as she thinks she hates me, she really doesn't. It calms Axel, and it helped a lot."

A light blush tinged his cheeks and I raised my eyebrows. "You 'have' Calida? What does that mean?"

He laughed. "Not what you think it does. I stole one of her t-shirts."

I laughed back at him, shaking my head. "So... you're a thief now?"

He nudged me playfully, causing me to stumble. I looked at him with wide eyes before pushing him back, my hands pushing into his side. He yelped in surprise before his eyes darted to me with determination. He growled before jumping and I squealed, realising I have unleashed unwanted torment. I began to run but he had grabbed me before I could, his arms wrapping around my throat.

I growled at him. "Not fair!"

He chuckled. "No rules were set! I win fair and square."

I grunted as he released me and just as he went to pridefully walk away, I stuck my foot out. He stumbled, catching himself on a nearby broken wall. I grinned innocently at him as he narrowed his eyes.

"If you were not my Luna, you would be so in for it." He grumbled.

I fluttered my eyelashes. "I don't know what you're talking about."

I quickly hurried away, blinding seeking out my twin and Alessea. I found them wandering the tree line, Pollux's hands behind his back as he nodded at whatever she was telling him. I let out a loud breath as I came to step in time with them and Alessea raised her eyebrow at me.

"What happened to your guard?" She wondered.

I almost rolled my eyes at her jab. "My Beta is on his way. I just happened to have a head start."

She pursed her lips, casting a look over my shoulder as she did so. I could hear Charlie grumbling like a child as he made his way through the damp grass. It was overgrown and making his trousers wet, which of course he did not like. When he finally came to stand beside us, his face was set in a scowl.

"Everything okay?" I smiled.

He huffed, crossing his arms. "Peachy."

I snickered and he looked to the other two. His eyes narrowed at Alessea before softening when he looked to Pollux. Pollux raised an eyebrow at him but neither of them said a word.

"So, what do you want to do now?" Alessea asked.

I shrugged, looking to my twin with a questioning gaze. "I dunno."

"Is there anywhere you want to see?"

Where my mother died, I thought but knew it would sound strange so shook my head. I chewed on my lower lip to keep my mouth shut, but Alessea didn't know me well so she didn't know that I was lying. Pollux, however, narrowed his eyes at me but I avoided his gaze.

"Okay then, well we've been here a couple of hours so we can trek back if you'd like. I'm sure you'll be getting hungry, or we can go for a hunt? It's been a while since I've hunted."