Wattpad Original
There are 46 more free parts

car

noun ~ a four-wheeled road vehicle run by a motor engine, that can carry a small number of people

Six hours.

We were six hours into the journey. Charlie had been complaining the last ten minutes about his lack of stomach contents. To be fair, it was nearing two o'clock and I was starting to get hungry from my lack of breakfast. We diverted to a 'human' town; Charlie had said that no one runs this land, but the King does own it in his own rights; the humans just don't know he is a supernatural being.

Pulling the sleeked out car into double spaces had us receiving a lot of over-curious glances. It was a fairly busy town, people strolling around as they carried out their daily errands or went for a walk. Being lunchtime, as soon as my door opened I could smell nothing but the mixture of dishes.

Oh yeah, my door was child-locked. Apparently, it was Charlie making sure I 'didn't escape or get kidnapped.'

"Ready Nova?" He grinned as I stepped onto the concrete below my feet.

I nodded, eyeing the area with suspicion. "You paid for parking?"

He rolled his eyes. "Pollux is doing it right now."

I looked over the car to find Pollux stood at a pay point, pulling a receipt from the machine. I nodded in approval and wrapped my coat tighter around me. He approached the car and handed it to Charlie who placed it on the dash before locking the doors.

"Who's hungry?" He grinned.

"I think we established you," Pollux grunted.

Charlie laughed, making no further comment as his arm came to wrap around mine. I frowned up at him, wondering what he was doing but he ignored me and walked me through the small car park and down a path.

We came across a nice-looking restaurant, and Charlie's eyes widened with delight as he dragged me inside. I cast a look to Pollux who was a few feet behind us, making sure he was keeping up with Charlie's eagerness.

"Hi, welcome to The Cosy Corner, table for three?" A wide-smiling woman greeted us.

Charlie responded and we followed her to a booth table sat by the window. I was pushed into the window seat, Charlie beside me and Pollux opposite. At least I wouldn't have to look at Charlie eat; his habits were almost as bad as Sean's when he wasn't at an important dinner.

The waitress handed us our menus and explained how we order before leaving us to it. I allowed Celimene to scout the area, waking her from her slumber to keep on alert. She deemed it okay, full of humans and two faes in the far corner who stayed to themselves.

We all fell into silence as we chose our meals. I went for something light, only being halfway through the journey I didn't want to overdo my sensitive stomach.

Charlie had decided on some kind of triple deluxe burger with fries and onion rings and I internally groaned at his choice. I was definitely sitting behind Pollux in the car; he had chosen a chicken burger with only fries. I went for a BLT sandwich with crisps and a coke. Charlie gave us a warning glare before he retreated to order and use the bathroom.

Just me and my twin.

"So, Pollux, have you ever been here before?" I wondered.

His eyes flashed to mine, his attention previously on the people working behind the till. "This restaurant? No, but I have been to this town."

"Oh yeah? When was that?" I asked.

He hummed, leaning back in the booth seat. "I'd say about a year ago."