Wattpad Original
There are 42 more free parts

gift

noun ~ something given to someone without payment; a natural ability or talent

My eyes widened. "Did you say visions?"

"Yes. I used to have them sporadically but once I accepted my gift, they come if something relevant comes up or if I channel the energy enough." He explained, walking away from the bakery.

He gestured for me to follow him, and after giving the two bottomless pits a once over, I followed him. He leads me out of the plaza and around the back of the buildings. We passed by some large waste bins before going up a small trail. We walked in silence for a while until we rounded the corner of the building and I found a small garden-like area hiding by the trees.

It was a large clearing with a small part in the centre reserved for plants and seating. There was a small fountain with some fish inside. I watched Aldren as he walked to a seating arrangement in the middle of the plaza. It was four benches all built around a large flower planter, greenery leaking out of its containers and down the edges.

As he sat, he patted the seat beside him and I approached him with a smile. Once I was sat next to him, I gazed ahead, finding the fountain not far from where we sat. He leaned against the wooden bench, arms around the back of the seat as he stared into the distance.

"You don't seem too surprised over the fact I have visions." He mused, turning his face down to look at me.

I swallowed. "I'm not...Pollux told me that Lycan's had gifts, but he didn't know much about it..."

"What did he say?" He chuckled.

I frowned as I recalled what he said. "He told me that Terra can create shields and that you and your family could see when the weather changed, and persuade the elements."

He frowned this time, shaking his head. "He's...half correct. Terra cannot create shields. My mother has no gift, but I believe your mother did. Their gift was visions. Your mother was a master at them, but it all came from our grandmother. So far, only the three of us out of the entire bloodline have visions."

I hesitated, chewing on my cheek as I debated talking to him. I could trust him, I felt it deep within me that I could. So why was I hesitating? Maybe it was because I sounded crazy...

"You do not seem so surprised by that either." He chuckled.

"I've been having...weird dreams..."

"Weird dreams?"

I shifted slightly, turning my attention to the lazy fountain before me. The fish in there went about their leisure, uncaring for the cool weather. The water did not go up the fountain and pour down, it was turned off and I assumed that was for the fish's sake.

"I have been having what I have been told are visions. I have awful nightmares, that are so realistic... I also like to do art, but sometimes I go into a sort of trance, and I don't come out of it until I have finished. All the drawings I have done in this instance ended up relating to something in my life... So we thought that I had a vision gift or someone was trying to communicate with me." I explained warily.

He hummed and fell into thought. After a moment he shook his head and pivoted his body to face me more directly. I shuffled slightly away, looking at him with a wary confusion. He studied me, his eyes trailing over my face and taking in my features.

"You look just like her you know."

"Who?" I wondered.

"Your mum."

"You knew her?" I asked.

He chuckled. "She was my auntie, so of course. I may look thirty but I am old, remember that Nova."