chapter 4

Editor: C_H_I_N_K_U

Cheng Tao was in the park lying on a bench smoking

Cheng Tao was in the park lying on a bench smoking. After being executed by the police, he had somehow transmigrated here into this bizarre alternate world where males could get pregnant.

Cheng Tao's phone vibrated, and he answered.

"Hello?"

"Mr. Cheng, it's me, Becky. I was wondering when our next meeting will be." A woman with a seductive voice said.

"Lost my number."

Cheng Tao hung up the phone then immediately blocked it.

Cheng Tao, in his previous life, was a cold-blooded murderer. The sad truth was he didn't regret it. Right now, despite not being gay, Cheng Tao has a male wife. He had spent ten years in prison, where he had ruthlessly killed his cellmates if they pissed him off.

The reason why he turned out this way was simply because of bad influence and the violence he had endured growing up. Among all his bad attributes, he was not an abuser.

Liu Qiao was worried he didn't know where Cheng Tao went. He feared the possibility of him going to his mistress. Did Cheng Tao finally get tired of him? Liu Qiao wanted to text him but wasn't sure. Instead, he looked intensely at his phone, wondering if he should contact his parents.

He opened his contacts to contact his family.

The next day, Liu Qiao woke up to find Cheng Tao wasn't in the room. He was so nervous that he quickly got up from the bed to catch Cheng Tao, who was already dressed and was heading to work.

"A-ah Cheng!"

He paused then looked at him.

"Yes?"

"W-where d-did y-you s-sleep last night," Liu Qiao stuttered.

"In the guest room, you fell asleep on the dining table. You can rest in the bedroom if you feel tired," Cheng Tao said.

"I-I was waiting for you," he stuttered, holding his head down.

"Don't do that anymore. In fact, if you don't feel like it, don't cook, just rest and enjoy yourself." Cheng Tao said.

"W-what do you mean?" He stuttered.

"Liu Qiao, I'm sorry."

Cheng Tao said nothing more and left. Soon tears began to flow down Liu Qiao's face. Why was he doing this? Why doesn't he want him to cook anymore? Was he going to leave him?

Liu Qiao felt his head buzzing. His chest felt it would break from how fast his heart was beating. His body trembled, and his vision blurred. He had trouble breathing from anxiety. His mind seemed to be swept by all the questions that threatened to kill him.

Was Cheng Tao going to leave him?

 Liu Qiao felt scared.

He held his chest, which was feeling rather tight.

He wasn't useless.

He promised he was not useless.

He needed to work harder.

Yes, he'll work harder.

Grrrrrrr-

He looked at his phone and saw it was Cheng Tao calling, he quickly answered.

"Y-yes!?" He said, trembling.

"There's food in the oven, heat it and eat it, then get some rest," Cheng Tao said.

"Y-you c-cooked breakfast?"

"If you don't want it, throw it away."

"N-no, it's just I-I didn't know you could cook," he said.

"Hmph, eat, enjoy yourself. I'll be home late, don't wait for me."

"O-okay."

They both hung up. Liu Qiao seemed to have calmed down. He quickly went to the kitchen and opened the oven to see lovely pancakes with blueberries and honey.

He saw a little paper with pretty handwriting.

"For Liu Qiao, enjoy."

Liu Qiao gave a nostalgic smile. He carefully took the pancakes, then sat at the table. When Liu Qiao took the first bite, his cheek felt the heat and relaxed. The pancakes were amazing, even better than himself. No wonder Cheng Tao didn't like his cooking. Liu Qiao, for the first time in 4 years, could sit down and enjoy his breakfast.

Notice: The abusive husband Cheng Tao, not the mc Cheng Tao. The original can't cook for shit, but Liu Qiao doesn't know that.

 The original can't cook for shit, but Liu Qiao doesn't know that