chapter 6

Editor: C_H_N_K_U

Cheng Tao drew out his cigarette as he crossed his legs and looked at the woman before him

"Mr. Cheng, this is the new upcoming actress Wen Xia," his secretary informed.

"Hmm, secretary Bai Yongrui make the preparation needed."

Cheng Tao got up from behind the desk, walked up to Wen Xia and looked down at her.

"You better not disappoint, understand?"

"Ah, yes," she blushed.

He walked passed her.

"Start moving. I want to see you act."

"Yes," she bowed.

Liu Qiao stared at his phone and then glanced worriedly at the clock.

"He usually calls around this time," Liu Qiao sat patiently and waited.

*Grrr*

Liu Qiao picked up the phone quickly.

"Hello?"

"You have eaten, right?"

"Yes," he said seriously.

"Did you rest?"

"Yes."

"You are alright?"

"Hmm." he nodded.

Ying Ye looked at his friend from aside. Was it normal for couples to talk like they were in the army?

"Liu Qiao, I've got the smoothies."

"Hmm."

Liu Qiao placed down his phone and took a sip of the smoothie. His beautiful face lit up in utter delight.

"So delicious," he hummed, smiling.

Ying ye smiled happily as his cheeks flustered. He hadn't seen or had any contact with Liu Qiao for nearly a year and a half. He had come several times, but the guards or gateman never let him in. For the past year and a half, no one had been in contact with Liu Qiao.

Ying ye, in the period, was worried that Liu Qiao was dead and reported him missing, but then the police came back saying he was alive and fine, which was a lie. When Liu Qiao married Cheng Tao, he was never 'fine'. That was when he came to know what was Cheng Tao's doing. The man used his powers to influence the police.

Ying ye then kept on bugging Cheng Tao to see Liu Qiao. Until one day, he got a call from his family. Cheng Tao had threatened them. Since then, Ying ye backed off but never stopped thinking about Liu Qiao. He desperately prayed for Liu Qiao's well-being. He was delighted when last week he got back in contact with him.

Liu Qiao took another sip as bliss revealed on his cute face.

"Aiya~ so good! I forgot how you were at making smoothies," Liu Qiao said.

"Liu Qiao l-lets run away together," Ying ye said abruptly.

Liu Qiao looked at him and then smiled brightly.

"You changed Ying ye," Liu Qiao laughed.

Ying ye always had a crush on Liu Qiao; who didn't back in high school?

Liu Qiao was declared the prettiest boy, and his sweet personality made him very popular. But for some reason, he dropped out of high school and went on a low profile until he heard that he married Cheng Tao, the school's sexiest and most popular heartthrob.

Many had thought this marriage was perfect; he did too think so; until he witnessed Cheng Tao's violence first-hand.

"Aiya~ you still reject me," Ying ye said.

The door suddenly opened, and they both turned around to see Cheng Tao entering. Liu Qiao got up and went to retrieve his bag.

"Your back early," Liu Qiao said.

"Yeah. I didn't have much work to do."

The way in which Cheng Tao spoke upset Ying ye very much. There wasn't the tiniest bit of affection in it, unlike the possessive nature he once had.

Feeling someone glaring unwanted daggers at him, Cheng Tao looked across the room.

'Ah, Ying ye was it?'

Liu Qiao saw where his gaze was headed and felt nervous. Cheng Tao hated Ying ye; maybe he shouldn't have invited him over.

"I-I in-in....vited him ... over," Liu Qiao stuttered and wrung his hands.

Cheng Tao closed his eyes and nodded. Ying ye was preparing himself for Cheng Tao's rage, and Liu Qiao, too, forced his eyes shut and held his breath as he waited for Cheng Tao's wrath.

Ying ye glared at Cheng Tao as his gaze remained on him. Cheng Tao tilted his head slowly and then observed the man in front of him. He then slowly but surely opened his mouth to say,

"Good afternoon."