chapter 9

Editor: C_H_I_N_K_U

Bystander's view 1

There once was a boy who sat beside me in school. I didn't know this person, but I always knew he wasn't happy.

Every day he was unhappy and kept a distance from everyone. I always wanted to say hello, but I chose not to. I didn't know, neither did I try to know the reason.

The boy had beautiful eyes, but they seemed devoid of light. Oh! What secret did they hold! I wonder if he always comes to school upset. I wonder why he was like that.

%%% I've never pried into his life, and I never will. But now I regret my decision looking at the papers before me. Would it have made a difference if I had helped? %%%

End of bystander's view.

Cheng Tao opened the door after returning from work. Yesterday Ying Ye had left after being told off. Liu Qiao felt guilty and feared that Cheng Tao had said something.

"Welcome home," Liu Qiao greeted.

"Good evening," Cheng Tao replied.

Their relationship might not be the greatest, but it was a better improvement than last time, so Liu Qiao felt a bit more relaxed now.

"I made cherry pie," he said.

Cheng Tao chuckled, which caught Liu Qiao off guard. Did the usual cold face of Cheng Tao chuckle?!

Cheng Tao felt that it was funny right now. He felt like this was how a wife welcomes her husband in movies, and this was what Liu Qiao was doing. It made him seem a bit cute.

"Okay," Cheng Tao said.

Suddenly Liu Qiao smelled a foreign perfume coming from Cheng Tao which made his mood sour. Maybe the perfume's owner was why he was in a good mood.

"I'm going to take a shower."

The disgusting smell of that woman was making his head hurt. Why are celebrities so...

Cheng Tao went upstairs.

Liu Qiao felt sad.

Will he lose Cheng Tao? Will he be thrown out and left on the streets? His parents will not take him in with his lack of education. He would be lucky if he found a job. No, he can't lose Cheng Tao; if he does, he will suffer.

After taking a shower, Cheng Tao came down.

Now that Liu Qiao looked at Cheng Tao, he was attractive. The man wore a white t-shirt and sweats. His hair was still dripping wet with a towel around his neck.

He sat at the dining table, and Liu Qiao sat opposite him. Cheng Tao observed Liu Qiao. There was something off.

"Are you sick or anything?" he asked.

"No," Liu Qiao answered.

"Maybe we should check, your face looks a bit swollen, and I haven't hit you recently."

Liu Qiao started to fiddle with his fingers; he was nervous.

"Well, um... you see."

And again, Cheng Tao's phone rang before he could tell him.

"Wait a moment."

He picked up his phone and began to talk. Liu Qiao's expression dropped. It was best to keep his mouth shut anyway, since Liu Qiao didn't want to give birth to his child. Yes.

Liu Qiao was going to have an abortion.