Chapter 51

Liam slowly flutters his eyes open, the once blurry room becomes clear upon adjusting to his surroundings and soon his once soft breath quickens as his body takes the shaky first step.

*CHANGLANG!*

Liam is terrified as he feels a pain in his wrist and tightness as his arms hurt and breathing is difficult. Looking up he feels shock overcome his body when his wrists were chained to the ceiling. He attempts to shake it loose but soon his body almost loses its balance but doesn't fall as his breath becomes more rapid.

"What is going on?!" He yells to the open space.

"You're finally awake" a deep voice spoke back.

He looks down in front of him to see a large shirtless male sitting behind a chair with his chin resting on the back, it is Cheng Tao.

"Why am I here? Why am I not dead?" He ask

Cheng Tao pauses, then looks up for a moment then down back at him and gives an insincere smile. "Because I want to be your friend" 

Liam strains to keep his balance, "You expect me to believe that while being chained up like this?!" He asked, yelling.

"That's how I befriended my father, I even called him papa. You don't mind if I call you Papa as well right?" 

"You Psycho!" He lashes back

Cheng Tao sighs, "I guess I'll need to do you some convincing" 

Liam watches him as he slowly gets off the chair and walks to the table that had a lot of tools on it, Liam swallows in panic he must escape.

"You know, I'm very curious as to why you did it, I've always asked them. Why did they do it?" Cheng Tao said as he picks through the weapons.

Liam swallows then looks at him cautiously, "they?" What did he mean by that?

Finally Cheng Tao picks out a weapon of choice. "Usually I'd end it quickly, but you're papa so I can't do that, can I?" 

He walks up to him but Liam kicks after him he grabs it causing the male to lose balance for a moment but Cheng Tao places it down as Liam was ready to attack with the other one Cheng Tao uses the hammer to hit him in the knee. 

"AHHHHHH!" 

Liam screams out in pain.

"You must keep still, I'm trying to help you remain balanced… Am I not a good boy, papa?" Cheng Tao chuckles.

Liam felt that this guy was sick, that there was something mentally wrong with him.

Cheng Tao presses the nail on top of his foot raising the hammer, within the last second Liam moves his leg causing the trajectory of the nail to shift and hit the upper part to his foot.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! GOD FUCK!!!" 

Cheng Tao clicks his teeth, "look what you did?" 

Liam cries miserably, "why are you doing this?" 

Cheng Tao looks at him, "... well I can see three answers coming from this, I can say revenge and I can say you deserve it, but papa my goal is not to get you to feel bad about it, honestly. I don't think you deserve to feel that way nor are my actions justifiable…" 

Cheng Tao then slowly begins to shake the nail as he tries to remove it, "which is left to the third answer, can you tell me?" 

Liam was in pain he has no idea what the third answer is, "I don't know, I don't know" 

"Really? How disappointing papa, well we are going to figure it out aren't we?" 

He takes the nail and places it back down, this time nailing it within his foot as Liam lets out a blood curdling scream.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Liu Qiao was lying on the sofa, Chao Niu was opening the curtains. "I heard sunlight is good to enlighten the mood, so I don't think it's best to remain in dark places all the time" 

Chao Niu smiles, putting his hands together. He wants to start with baby steps. Focus on baby steps, he is not a therapist or a professional who knows how to deal with trauma and depression and he is doing some research and if this helps eventually he hopes he gets to see this person smile again. He places his hand in the soft curly hair and slowly begins to brush it as he hums gently, according to the husband it helps him relax a bit.

Liu Qiao's eyes were closed, he was clutching pillows dreaming about the days in middle school when it was all okay.

A/n

What do you think of Chao Niu ?

Would you want him in your life?

What do you think the third answer is?