chapter 46

After cooking, he heard the baby cry. He went to Li Hui to pick her up from the crib. Hushing her gently, Hearing the sounds of the crying child during his sleep Liu Qiao squeezed open his eyes then looked aside to see Cheng Tao heading to the kitchen.

After placing the baby in the high seat he put the blended baby food on it, he went out for a moment to wake Liu Qiao. To his surprise he was there staring at the roof.

"Qiao, time to eat" 

"......." 

Again he didn't respond, Cheng Tao remained calm. "Qiao, time eat so you can take your medicine" 

"......" 

Cheng Tao sighed, he slowly and gently walked over carefully shoving his hand under Liu Qiao's body that stiffened in panic. Cheng Tao looked at him, who looked away. He carried him to the dining room and gently placed him in the chair. 

Cheng Tao looked at Li Hui who was playing with her food, innocently eating her hand smiling in contrast Liu Qiao sat at the table voided looking out in the distance. 

Cheng Tao placed the food in front of him gently, Liu Qiao eyes dimmed as he slowly looked down at the food in front of him. 

"....." 

Cheng Tao looked at him, waiting for him to pick up the spoon. But still Liu Qiao remained still, he went and picked Li Hui's small plate then used the small spoon to scrape the food from around her mouth then fed her. 

He observed Liu Qiao at the same time, he still hadn't touched his food. "Qiao, please eat something"

"....." 

Cheng Tao sighed, then finished feeding Li Hui then gave her water before burping her, he put her back in the seat before walking over to Liu Qiao.

He took up the plastic spoon then scoop up the rain and up it at his mouth. "Open up" 

"......" 

Liu Qiao didn't respond, he didn't feel like eating. He wasn't hungry, eventually Cheng Tao would get bored and turn away leaving him here. Liu Qiao didn't want to live anymore.

Living hurts, the more he struggles for the better it only gets worse so why struggle. Feeling a gentle pressure to both sides of his cheek, he saw Cheng Tao placing the spoon inside his mouth. 

"Chew it then swallow" 

Looking into his eyes, his cold charcoal eyes. There was this unknown depth. A pain that could be explained, it was like a small piece of hot coal that fell out the fire. It was waiting, so dim and barely any life left to it. 

"Please Liu Qiao, chew" 

The two of them stared in each other's eyes for a long time, each waiting. Until slowly Liu Qiao gently moved his mouth. 

A sigh of relief left Cheng Tao's mouth, there was at least a little hope, little light left for this almost burned our candle. 

It wasn't long before Liu Qiao stopped eating once more, it wasn't much but at least he had something to eat before Cheng Tao gave him some pills and once more Liu Qiao would go back to sleep.

Cheng Tao placed a blanket over him, as he took his laptop to work on from home. He watched the baby cam from the other room so he would be ready. He couldn't save his mother…….

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"No!! DON'T!! His own a chil–" 

"He needs to learn his lesson!!" 

The man slapped her over causing her to fell against the floor hitting her head against the table, she bled her body stiffens. 

"Mom!" 

Xi Wang ran over to help his mother who looked at him feeling dizzy.

"Come here boy!" 

Xi Wang held in to his mother who even though dizzy grabbed a hold of him, "no! You can't!!" 

The man kicked her in the head knocking her off as Xi Wang Screamed out in pain, he tried to fight and scratch only to be slapped heavily with the back of his hand causing his nose to bleed. Xi Wang's body went numb.

"You wanna tell what goes on in this house?!" 

Xi Wang's consciousness became clear when he felt a heavy brace against his mouth and the sound of belt unbuckling. 

"I'll give you something to talk about, tell them this" 

"MRGH!!!!" 

Xi Wang clutches into the man's veiny arm as he feels the painful intrusion of his lower area, tears stained down his eyes. 

A/n

Y'all a bunch of masochist