Chapter 50

Liu Qiao didn't immediately change, he still barely spoke and he found some things hard. But one thing for sure he was indeed trying, and that was all that Cheng Tao needed to know.

Heading into Li Hui's almost one year old birthday, Liu Qiao began to talk to Cheng Tao again. It was not much but that was okay.

"Are you sure?" 

"......" 

"I need to know your sure" 

"..... I'm sure" 

Cheng Tao holds his arms, he looks him into the eyes then brushes his hair aside kissing his soapy temple. He then stands up and walks out the bathroom leaving Liu Qiao who began to wash himself slowly.

Liu Qiao, though still feels discouraged about life, he wants to at least try. But each time he thinks about it, his life leading up to this moment keeps recurring in his mind as if telling him, don't get his hopes up and truly even if he doesn't want to die at the moment that doesn't mean he wants to live either.

Some days were hard to bear as he tried to fight the crushing weights of his thoughts, usually this happens when he refuses his medications. He despises them.

Liu Qiao after finishing his bath, he put on some comfy clothes. He walks into the hall to see Cheng Tao talking to someone, the person had a much smaller frame than him he seems familiar. 

"Tao?" 

Cheng Tao slowly turns revealing the person he was talking to, "ah! Good rival!" Chao Niu smiles.

"Chao Niu? What are you doing here?" Liu Qiao asked 

"I'm going on a week business trip, I hired him to be a caretaker during this time" Cheng Tao said, "I know your not comfortable with a stranger around so I think you'll like him" 

Liu Qiao looks at him, "but what about your job" 

"I asked for a vacation, after all I need my rival to be in the best health" he said.

Chao Niu was worried about Liu Qiao, and it seems for good reason his good rival was very underweight; he was all skin and bones. 

Liu Qiao looks down he doesn't want to burden Chao Niu on his vacation, "I'm fine, there is no need" 

"Then, let me study my rival after all, what is a good competition without a keen on my rival is like" 

Chao Niu had a sincere and hopeful smile, it was in contrast to Cheng Tao's stoic expression. Chao Niu was like a breath of fresh air in this cold stuffed room. 

Chao Niu will always remain positive, he will only move forward and he will help his rival to move forward as well. Chao Niu turns to Cheng Tao, "when you return, I want to see a happy smile as you greet him. Two negative doesn't make a positive" 

Cheng Tao looked at Chao Niu, in some aspects he was like Ying Ye but then again not, his positive and righteous but not in an irrational sense. He has more patience than the latter. 

Cheng Tao nods, then walks past Liu Qiao and ruffles his hair. He went and picked up Li Hui, placing a kiss on her round cheeks.

"Baaa.. ba" Li Hui holds his face as he rubs nose with her.

"I'm going to go now, little Hui be good until I return" 

He gives her one more kiss before putting her back down to play with Chao Niu's son. He then nods at Chao Niu leaving the room.

Chao Niu looks at Liu Qiao, "I believe it's time to eat" 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Liam put the phone down smiling, it's been so long since he did what he did and they haven't come for him. It means their boss must have gotten the hint and back off, he doesn't like to move dirty but a man gotta do what a man's gotta do. 

He went outside to light the cigarette, he shivers at the cold temperature then breathes.

"Now what do I do now?" He said looking at the cigarette.

"Maybe you can live me" 

Liam's pupils Strunk, he slowly and cautiously turns his head. He drops the cigarette then steps back terrified. 

"B-boss" 

Cheng Tao closes his eyes as his lips arch into a gentle and cute smile. "Hi, how are you?" 

Liam was confused, why didn't he seem angry? 

"Hello," he answered.

"Hmp, I hope you've been well," he said with a gentle tone. 

Liam was confused, why was he so friendly, this wasn't how he envisioned he'd be.

"I have been well, and you boss" 

Cheng Tao let's out a sad sigh, "unfortunately, I haven't, my wife has been very sick recently" 

"H-how unfortunate, maybe you could try carrying him to the hospital or rather I have an idea I think I've have some medication in house I can give it to you" 

Liam turned away ready to run when he felt a heavy stroke to the back of his head, he fell to the ground dizzy. He could see Cheng Tao footsteps coming closer.

"Aren't you being a little unfair," 

Cheng Tao stoops down then grab him by his hair, "Papa~ hehe"