CHAPTER 3

Brooke pov:
I walk into chemistry and take my seat in the lab. I see from the corner of my eye Nick coming in. Ugh why'd I have to have so many classes with him? He looks kind of cute today with his black joggers a gray t shirt and a beanie on . What am I saying ?! I cannot like Nick. I will not like the biggest player of the school.
"Ahem!! Everyone take your seats!" My teacher shouts , " today we will be pairing up in two's for the rest of the month ."
I groan and Nick glances at me, I act like I didn't see him.
"Brooke Hyland and Nicholas Dobbs." She says .
My jaw drops . NICK?! Out of all people?! He makes his way to my table and my old partner , Brianna Shoup moves , " good luck with that one." She says .
She's wishing me luck ? When she's the one that had sex in the back of a car with him?
"So I guess we're lab partners."he says sitting .
"Mhm." Is my only reply.
He sighs and mumbles something to Kevin, his douchebag of a friend . They both laugh and Kevin winks at me . Nick shoots him a dirty look and returns his attention to looking at me. Did he just get jealous ? Ha no , he couldn't possibly like me . He's not the relationship type of guy.
"This month, " Mrs. Langley begins to explain , " We will be doing 2 projects. I want you guys to get started immediately with the first one , which will be about different chemical reactions. Brooke and Nick you guys will be presenting this Friday . That means you need to go to eachothers house and make a presentation about the reaction of vinegar and baking soda . "
Is she really joking ? I have to go to Nick's house! Do you know how many girls have gotten deflowered at his house ?! A LOT.
"Soooo, today at 5?" He asks smiling softly .
"Whatever." I say rolling my eyes.
"Brooke stop being like that."
"Like what?"
"Like that! We used to be best friends when we were younger what changed?"
"You changed Nick ." I say turning to face him , " you turned into a complete asshole the first day you got into 7th grade ! You met Brandon and Kevin and forgot I existed, next thing I know you're fucking at age 14 . And not to mention you had sex with Payton, my best friend ! YOURE A MANWHORE NICK , A HORRIBLE STUCK UP PERSON . AND EVERYBODY KNOWS IT "
He doesn't say anything , but grabs his backpack and walks straight out the room. Oh God, what did I do ? I should've never been that harsh . I forget about getting in trouble and run after him. Yes, he might be all those things I said , but he didn't deserve to here it from me like that. I spot him walking outside towards the courtyard.
" Nick wait up!" I yell after him.
He doesn't respond but keeps walking towards a tree. He's going to his favorite spot , the spot he used to go to as kids when we used to sneak into the highschool at recess. He plops down and takes his phone out pretending not to see me or hear me .
"Nick I didn't mean it like that." I say standing in front of him.
He ignores me so I take his phone right out his hand.
"Give me my phone Brooke." He says blankly.
"Not until we talk." I say sitting next to him. I bring my knees up to my chest and sit there for a while.
"What happened to you Nick ?" I ask .
"People change Brooke ." He says looking into the distance .
"But you were such a sweet guy and once we got to middle school you completely ignored me . You acted like such a douche to me. We went from being best friends to not talking at all."
" You really wanna know ?" He says looking in my eyes.
"Yeah." I say quietly .
"You happened Brooke . You turned me into this. Remember when Elissa asked you if you liked me ?" He asks.
I nod.
"Well, I told her to. Brooke I was in love with you . And do you know what you told her ? You told her I'd be the last person you'd date in the whole world . You broke me . I got into 7th grade , met Kevin and Brandon and saw the opportunity to change who I was . I didn't want to be seen as the sweet guy everybody saw as a brother. I wanted to be the guy all the girls liked and thought was hot. So I became a player. I didn't want to get hurt again and my only escape was going from girl to girl, not having a steady relationship. And I plan to keep it that way."
I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Nick is what he is because of me ! I sit there with my mouth open , wanting to say something but the words not coming out.
"I-Im so sorry." I say.
"It's in the past. Just forget it." He says
"No, I really hurt you didnt I?" I say staring into his deep green eyes.
"We should get back to class." He says standing .