H: How it always starts

AN: Turns out you guys were really looking forward to an update. Then again, it's been months so... I'm really sorry about that. I didn't think it'd been that long until I checked. Thank you for sticking with me~

*****

Jun Yibai stood by his front door, trying to leave but being blocked by his mother. She hovered about, a delicate frown on her face.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" She asked for the nth time that morning.

"I'm fine, mom." Jun Yibai sighed, letting her fuss over his uniform once again. "It's not the first time I'm going to school."

"But this is..."

"It'll be fine." He assured, gently taking her hands off his shoulders. "I'm too old to have my mother walk me to school. You don't want me to be mocked, right?

His mother looked reluctant but nodded. "Right."

Jun Yibai understood her concern. While she knew him to be responsible and courteous, Jun Yibai tended to get into trouble without meaning to.

He stumbled onto muggings and intervened.

He walked in on robberies and called the cops.

He bumped into women being harassed and got involved.

Somehow, despite wanting to be a normal guy, Jun Yibai seemed to get dragged into all kinds of crazy things. Even Jun Yibai himself wondered if he'd done something wrong to constantly find himself in such situations.

While a walk to school seemed mundane, with his luck, he was bound to have something happen.

He left the house, feeling his mothers gaze on his back until he turned a corner. He let out a breath, relieved.

He was just happy his dad had left for work already or else he would not have been able to leave by himself. That man would insist on driving him to school and once again advising him on who to be wary of. To keep his head down.

Perhaps it was a little silly but it was his own little rebellion.

He could feel the path his father was trying to lead him down forming under his feet. He wasn't sure he could keep off of it completely but he'd try his best to do what he wished.

And his one wish was to be normal.

That's why he was looking forward to his new school. Originally, he was supposed to attend a different school but due to some scandal that occurred, he had to transfer to another school. Luckily, not much time had passed since the semester started so it shouldn't be too awkward.

Even better, Yang Ru also attended the same school, so he wouldn't be alone.

Just as he thought so, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket.

Speak of the devil. He thought, checking the text he'd received.

Yang Ru:

Be Careful at the front gate

Jun Yibai frowned, confused. Has something happened? He hadn't even gotten there yet though.

Me:

Did something happen?

Yang Ru:

The crazy guy got into a fight with some rascals from another school.

This early?! How could such a thing happen so early in the day? Also, she had mentioned a 'crazy guy' attending the school before so this must be a regular thing.