M: Master

AN: This chapter was a bit of a hassle, mostly cause I was trying to decide between making a long chapter and making things flow well. Can't say I did either but here ya go~

*****

For the next few weeks, a strange cycle seemed to have formed without Yibai noticing.

At least twice a week, Chen Guiren would show up at the gym with bruises on his face and a savage smile, declaring his intention to defeat Yibai. Sometimes the latter would comment on the wounds but he stopped when the man teased him about 'caring about other people's marks on him' and 'not getting too jealous over him'.

Yibai punched him extra hard that time.

They would fight and Yibai would win. Guiren, throughout the entire fight, would be grinning like a maniac. Even when he lost with blood coming from his nose, his smile was still there. He even laughed.

It was weird!

"Don't be so mean, Master." He'd whine when Yibai complained about the creepy laughter.

Another thing he'd grown used to was Guiren's way of addressing him. Ever since the second fight, the young man had kept his promise, continuing to call Yibai "Master". It was definitely strange but he couldn't get the stubborn guy to stop.

So he used it to make his job easier.

While his job was simple enough, there were times when troublesome people would come by. People fighting over equipment, tension due to proximity, or even just the usual inane stuff, like bumping into someone.

The gym was small so there was no security. Only a few trainers and him, the receptionist. For obvious reasons, that meant when something happened, there needed to be someone to handle it before police were called. But Yibai couldn't always leave his desk to handle things.

That's where Guiren came in.

The first time there was an incident, Guiren had been standing by his desk, begging for a match. The young man was insisting that he'd gotten much better and wanted someone to try it out on. Yibai roundly ignored him, watching as the incident began.

He didn't want to get involved if things settled on their own but he had to make sure.

Seeing that he was being ignored, Guiren turned to watch as well. Just as the offending party was getting physical, Guiren rushed over before Yibai could even twitch. Within seconds, the person's raised arm was pulled behind their back and they fell to the floor.

Yibai was shocked.

For the first time, he saw how strong Guiren was, pinning the offending party on the ground with ease. Guiren was only a little younger than him yet he managed to pin a much larger opponent with technique as opposed to strength.

He was impressed.

Guiren preened under Yibai's gaze, seeing the beta's thoughts as clear as day.

He definitely liked having this guy's eyes on him.

After the police were called to take the offending party away, Guiren went right back to begging for a fight. He boasted about what other 'cool tricks' he could show Yibai.

Somehow, Yibai felt that Guiren wasn't talking about fighting techniques and promptly refused.

"But if you refuse, how can I ever beat you, Master!?" He complained. His pout would have swayed weaker hearts but Yibai didn't even blink.

He knew this guy would just take advantage of any weakness he saw.

Still, sparring with him was kind of fun and it kept the fight-aholic quiet during his appointments. Yibai could only feel pity for his trainer on the days he wasn't on shift if he had to deal with this guy by himself.