H: Keep Away

AN: Thank you for sticking with me despite my inconsistent updates. I've had a monster of a writer's block~

*****

After school came fast as Guiren was very excited. His friends had no idea why their usually laid-back boss was fidgeting in his seat after returning from lunch.

Worse, he was smiling from ear to ear, which was creepy.

None of them, however, dared press the matter as such questions usually resulted in a kick or punch.

This left Guiren to revel in his giddiness for the rest of the day. Getting scolded by the teacher in the hall was nothing compared to his joy.

He was going out with his master!

Sure, it wasn't a date, as he was sure that beta would outright refuse but it was a start. First, they would hang out and get close, as was proper courting procedure. Then, something would happen, maybe them being pressed up against the door of the train. They'd breathe each other's air and Master would realize that Guiren wasn't just a guy.

He was his guy.

While his instincts wanted the fantasy to lead into a kiss he knew that wouldn't happen. Cramped space or not, Guiren knew Yibai would punch him in the nose for trying.

No, it would just be the beginning!

Guiren was well and truly settled in his fantasy when he walked out of the classroom and spotted the worst person he could.

Li Suren.

"Shit!"

His curse must have echoed far, as the omega turned to him. His usual scowl forming, the pale-haired teen strolled over.

"There you are." Suren looked up from his phone, crossing his arms. "I was wondering when you were coming out."

"What are you doing here?" Guiren asked, glancing around. There weren't many students around as they rushed to go home but they weren't alone. When they had become engaged, they both agreed to keep it a secret.

Showing up at his class was not something one did for a vague acquaintance.

"Don't get all pissy with me." He snapped back, cocking his hip. "I'm just here to confirm what you told me."

"Told you?" Had he said anything like that to this annoying guy? His mind was so filled with thoughts of hanging out with Yibai, Guiren couldn't pay anything else any mind. "Did we talk before this?"

Suren smacked the alpha's arm, unable to hold back at his inconsiderate response.

"Did you forget about the dinner!?" He snapped, blocking Guiren's path. His gaze was stern and accusing. "You said you had a thing but I doubt it'll go on so long we'll miss the meeting."

A look of pure confusion flitted across the alpha's face, showing he legitimately forgot about their monthly dinner. Or was it the text he forgot? The dinner made sense since neither of them wanted to attend but how could he forget about their conversation?

Suren crossed his arms and frowned. "Did you not see my text?"

"Text?"

Guiren checked his phone. Usually, he never missed text messages since he was always on his phone. It was not allowed in class but Guiren wasn't one to let such petty things like rules get in the way of catching up with his favorite comics

Yet today, he was in a happy daze because he got a chance to spend time with master alone so he didn't check his phone after texting Suren. As such, for the first time ever, he unlocked his phone to find a certain notification.