U: If Petty was a Sport

AN: So this chapter came out to be a bit longer than expected but I know you guys love meaty content.

*****

There were times he forgot how troublesome Li Suren could be when he gets in a mood. It's a different type than the trouble Chen Guiren brings but a problem nonetheless.

Tonight, despite the simple goal of just picking up some food to eat at the omega's place, they found themselves dining with his enemy and her 'friends'.

All because Li Suren couldn't help but fuck with them.

***

Minutes before...

"Ah, so you can recognize a true member of the Li clan then?" He puffed up, radiating self satisfaction like an aura. "Not surprising, I suppose. This prince is so lovely, how could I be mistaken for anything less!"

His brazen declaration made Jun Yibai want to dump the man right now.

While it was true that Li Suren was the most attractive person in the room, to just proclaim it without shame was too much.

"Suren!" Jun Yibai chastised, pinching his cheek lest this guy float off with all the hot air in his head. "Behave."

"I can't help it if some random nobody is trying to get close to others using the family name." He complained though he didn't look too bothered.

In fact, he was feeling pretty good. Getting to show off with his darling by his side was such a satisfying feeling~

Moreover, his lack of confirmation made him seem even more likely to be blood-related to the Li's. He didn't mind being mistaken for a branch family member as long as his Sweetie was satisfied.

He pulled the beta down until he could whisper without being overheard.

"Sweetie, do you trust me?"

The beta frowned at the sudden question. "What are you-"

"Do you?"

The two stared at each other for a moment before he nodded.

"...Yeah. We're friends, right?"

Li Suren smiled, amused by his beta's naivety.

"Absolutely." He grinned, rubbing the man's earlobe and noting the slight blush that followed. Something to look into later then. "So I want you to trust me after this."

Jun Yibai's eyes narrowed with suspicion. "What are you-"

"Excuse me, Master Li." Wu Yusheng gently interjected with a smile. "I'm sorry about the fuss. Ms Li is just a bit young so she tends to say all kinds of things."

"Oh? Then shouldn't she be making it up to my Sweetie?"

"I promise to give you and your friend justice." He said with a humble bow. "Perhaps you would allow me to make up for my mistake by treating you both to a meal?"

Wu Yusheng was older than everyone else but only by a few years so he knew something was happening but he wasn't sure what.

He had agreed to talk over dinner with Li Min since she said she was related to the Li's. He wasn't sure about how connected she was considering she was asking for an investment from him. His family was well off but nowhere near the scale of the Li's.

If anything, he should be asking for an investment from her.

Still, rejecting her due to his suspicions without confirmation would be dumb.