U: Everyday Problems

AN: So there is some... spice that I wasn't intending on including in this chapter. It started out fine and then it just kept going until I... I honestly don't know how this came about. My original outline went straight out the window. It doesn't complicate later events but I honestly feel kind of embarrassed about this. ////

*****

The next few days were the same deal.

Li Han 'accidentally' left out his things in the shared area, tripping Jun Yibai up a couple of times.

Eating his food despite being clearly labeled as his.

Playing loud music at ungodly hours of the night, though that stopped when the neighbors complained.

Blaming that loud music on the beta so he was the one getting dirty looks from their neighbors.

It was all petty stuff but stressful when put together.

"So you punched him out, right?" Yang Ru, who had come by to hang out with him, leaned back in her chair with a raised brow.

"Of course, I didn't." He shot back, chewing a straw. He had been nursing his soda for a while but recalling his week was stressing him out. "He's my roommate. I can't afford to make any enemies here."

Those Li siblings were out to get him but he assumed since they were only doing these petty things, it would eventually die down. If he pressed the matter, they might up their game to actual malice.

He had considered getting a room change. Much to his chagrin, however, he learned he couldn't afford to get a new roommate. Something about a lack of open spots or some bullshit. He suspected the clerk at the office had a connection to Li Min since he had seen him with the alpha sometime later.

His only other option was an off-campus house and he couldn't afford that. The hotels alone would break him in only a few months and he couldn't work and study with his coursework.

So he was stuck with dealing with petty shit.

"Who said anything about making enemies?" Yang Ru continued, interrupting his musings. "Just a quick right hook to the jaw and he'll know better than to mess with you."

Jun Yibai suppressed a chuckle, tempted by the suggestion.

"He's not a dog I can train into behaving, Yang Ru." He argued, amused by the thought. It was a nice thought and would definitely soothe his frustrations swiftly. "Moreover, that's the kind of thing you'd do to resolve this."

She raised a skeptical brow at him, deadpanning. "Says the guy who punched a dude on his first day of work."

"He deserved it." He answered with a shrug.

"So does this jackass!"

While Jun Yibai agreed, it would be bad to make his roommate his adversary. At the moment, it was just minor things so he could deal with it.

***

Days later, he was confronted by Li Min. She smiled serenely as she stood next to Hanyu, who was unaware of her backbiting nature.

Jun Yibai had tried to broach the subject but the omega was very doubtful since the beta couldn't outright accuse her of anything. She was very friendly and sweet around others so his own experience seemed out of sync.

While he understood the sentiment, it was annoying. Still, it was fine since he and Li Min rarely interacted. He liked Hanyu and wanted to stay friends, so he chose to let it go for now.

But now here she was, greeting him like they were close.

"It's so good to see you again, Brother Jun!" She said, smiling sweetly. It might have been cute if not for her blatant disregard for his previous statements. So he did the only proper thing one could do.