H: Lunch Date

AN: No editing so let me know where I mess up.

*****

*Four hours prior*

From the window of the office, students could be seen entering the school building. From high above, a pale-haired youth watched them as he waited.

"That hooligan better not be late this time." Suren seethed, tapping his foot impatiently. He'd been calling Guiren to his office for days now and he kept slipping away.

But not this time.

As if on cue, his office door slammed opened, revealing a handsome young alpha glaring at him. Suren suppressed a shiver as his instincts screamed to submit.

But he'd be damned if he ever submitted to this thug.

"Look who finally showed up." He mocked, leaning back against his desk. "Did you get lost?"

"I'm not here at your beck and call, you know." He snapped, slamming the door closed. With an ease that spoke of familiarity, Guiren threw himself onto the couch and rested his feet on the table.

"Yet you always track mud in."

"What? Those guys from Shen Lao high?" He countered, shrugging his shoulders. He'd just gotten off his suspension a few days ago yet looked so ambivalent. "They wouldn't dare make trouble for the school now."

"And you ended up getting another suspension! Do you think I can cover your ass forever?"

Suren had a lot of control over student affairs due to his position and the trust given to him by the principal. As long as the school's reputation wasn't at risk, he could do as he liked without either of their parents being called.

This was the best possible deal for Suren and Guiren as their parents only approved of their attending this school on the condition they behaved.

Yet Guiren's violent tendencies put his perfect scenario at risk!

"You're the one who asked me to take care of those guys harassing our guys." Guiren argued, angrily ripping open his hastily bought breakfast. "Is it my fault that they came back for revenge? At least no one but them got hurt."

"That and you got suspended, or did you forget!?" He snapped back, snatching the snack from his hands. Without thought, he handed Guiren a milk tea he'd bought before. They happened to like the same flavor so it wasn't an issue to share.

They were engaged after all so what was an indirect kiss or two?

Guiren took a sip, enjoying the cool drink along with the taste of Suren's lips. Neither would ever admit they like this casual act. It never failed to cool their tempers and make conversations easier.

Even though the act still felt like it was missing something.

After a minute of silence, the two sat across from one another, contemplating their next words. Suren had managed to keep Guiren's parents from finding out about his suspension as it was only a few days but keeping it out of his records was even harder.

It had caused him quite a bit of stress over the last few days and he had to promise some 'generous anonymous donor' would give a donation in order to get it done.

All in all, he was pissed.

Seeing this, Guiren at least had the decency to look slightly guilty.

"No," He continued, staring back at Suren. "but the safety of our guys is more important, right?"

Shen Lao High School had been a major antagonist to Yunli high school since long before Suren and Guiren enrolled. It was a private school, attended exclusively by alphas with lots of money.