U: First 'date'*

AN: So someone I know who was reading this story told me all the time skips made things confusing so I'm gonna try not to make long skips happen.

Also, this was going to be a shorter chapter but I felt bad cutting it up after writing so much. I fell asleep editing so let me know where I made a mistake~

***

Li Suren woke up the next morning in a daze, bleary-eyed and wobbly. His alarm blared, ripping away the peaceful sleep he'd been reveling in.

Despite that, he was in a good mood.

After shutting off the alarm, he flopped back onto the bed, nestled between a pair of sweaters.

They were very different in style, one being a bright red, long-sleeve shirt with some big-breasted anime girl on it. The image was worn out from frequent washes but it was very obvious what it was. The other was a plain brown turtleneck that Li Suren had definitely not stolen from a certain man's room the night before.

Having them both gave the omega such a rush of joy, he almost squealed.

The only thing that would be better was if the men these shirts belonged to were here with him.

Instinctually, he felt that an alpha should be enough to protect him and his nest but Li Suren himself knew it wouldn't be enough. Without their beta, they would be lonely and less secure.

They needed their beta just as much as they needed each other.

As if summoned by his thoughts, a familiar ringtone echoed through the room, waking him up once again.

He sighed, hanging up without even looking. He knew who it was.

He grabbed his phone, ended the call, and scrolled through all the messages. Most of them were from Chen Guiren and all of it was a long stream of expletives and accusations that he was cheating.

He made sure to send him a cute winky emoji before shutting off his phone.

Maybe that would encourage him to work faster.

While having Sweetie in his home was great, he still reluctantly wanted the mutt here as well.

Li Suren got himself ready for the day and entered the living room, hoping to catch sight of his Beta. Despite how early it was, however, the place was empty. Looking around, he found a note.

I don't know the distance from the dorms

so I'm leaving early. Be back tonight and

we can go out tomorrow.

Li Suren grinned, kissing the note as if it could relay his adoration to the writer. He had been scared that his Sweetie would change his mind after a night's rest. His beloved was stubborn that way and while it would have been disappointing, Li Suren was prepared to accept it.

Yet, much to his surprise, his Sweetie actually kept his word.

Perhaps that short affair with the mutt had opened his eyes a little to the possibility of the three of them together. If so, he might just offer a bit of help to the mutt.

***

Jun Yibai had just gotten off the bus when he saw a crowd of people at the gate.

Ever aware of his status as a background character, Jun Yibai didn't get close, leaving a wide berth between him and the crowd.

Whatever that was, was not his problem.