U: Foolishness

AN: Sorry for the long wait. I was actually planning on posting this last week but I got sick. I'm now at the ass end of a long cold that left me with a stubborn dry cough. Yay for me~

*****

A week later, things were still the same.

Chen Guiren had tried calling him many times after the first initial text Jun Yibai had sent. It was brief and told him in no uncertain terms that he was not to contact him until he was forgiven.

The alpha, being an alpha, did not take well.

He insisted on pushing the issue, showing up outside his classroom and the like. People quickly took notice, which pissed Jun Yibai off even more.

He had been very clear with them both but of course, he wasn't listening! He never did.

Alpha's never care about what we 'lowly' beta's want. Just their own desires.

Jun Yibai shook his head, clearing those poisonous thoughts from his head. That was his father's words, not his.

To keep himself from exploding at the stubborn man, he called Li Suren.

"Sweetie!" The omega answered immediately, as if he was waiting by the phone.

"Tell Chen Guiren to stop following me around." He stated, not giving the omega the chance to say anything further. "If he keeps pushing it, don't blame me for being rude."

He'd wanted to shout and beat up Chen Guiren. Hell, the alpha had asked him to do so. Begged him even. Anything was fine as long as he was forgiven quicker.

"Not having you around is killing me!" He'd pleaded, looking haggard.

But Jun Yibai remained firm, telling him in no uncertain terms that his forgiveness would be given when he decided it, not a moment sooner.

"If you want me to forgive you at all, then leave."

His words seemed to have gotten through to him at long last, though he was clearly reluctant.

Afterward, the alpha didn't show up again, leaving Jun Yibai to his own devices. Luckily, he had an exam to study for so he could put his mind on other things and let go of some of his anger under the guise of cramming.

Responsibilities had a strange way of making personal problems feel smaller.

Especially when he didn't have to deal with Li Min or her cousin anymore.

Jun Yibai was still staying at Li Suren's apartment. He'd wanted to move back into his dorm but the omega pleaded with him to stay.

"I'll move out!" He'd insisted, clinging to the beta's sleeve. "I'll take care of everything but please stay! J-just think of it as compensation for all the years of lying."

While it felt strange to live in someone else's house, his reasoning was solid. Moreover, considering how much Li Suren had embarrassed Li Min at the party before, he knew she would absolutely try something. At least here, he could study in peace.

Hanyu, who had also had some exams to study for, accompanied him to the library, though he clearly wanted to ask about his date.

That had felt so long ago that it took him a minute to remember.

"The date went well but that's about it." He answered vaguely. He didn't want to vent all his relationship woes onto the omega.

Hanyu stared at him questioningly, as if wishing he could say something but refrained. For that, Jun Yibai was grateful.