U: Quality Time

AN: Thank you for being so patient with me. Summer classes went well so I really appreciate the consideration.

This chapter was supposed to be longer but a new idea came up as I was writing and formed a new path. A path that split the long chapter into two.

*****

Jun Yibai was already in the backseat when Li Suren arrived.

The beta gave him a look. "You look better."

"Obviously." Li Suren puffed up, showing off his looks like he was modeling for a magazine. "Even if I cry badly, I still end up looking amazing."

Jun Yibai couldn't really respond.

How does one handle someone with an ego like this? Compliments just make it worse and criticisms can't possibly pierce skin that thick.

But Jun Yibai had a sure-proof method of handling a guy like Li Suren.

"Oh?" Jun Yibai moved close, reaching out to touch the omega's cheek. "Your eyes look a bit red though."

"Eh?!" Li Suren flushed, not expecting to be approached. "I-I mean, yes that happens but-"

Jun Yibai leaned in closer, letting their breaths mix just slightly.

Li Suren's skin was getting pinker by the second, making his pale hair stand out even more. Yet Jun Yibai closed in on his closer, reaching past his ear.

"You really should be more careful, Suren." He warned, his voice low and grumbly. "It's dangerous for someone like you to-"

Li Suren struggled to piece together a sentence, his eyes darting from the gray eyes staring deeply into his own to the lips that had been tempting him for a while now. "T-to?"

"To..." Jun Yibai let his wrist brush the omega's ear, earning a small squeak. He smiled with satisfaction. "To... ride in a car without a seatbelt."

Click.

"Eh?"

Li Suren stared at the seatbelt drawn over his torso. He hadn't bothered to put it on when he got in the car nor did he do so when the trip started. Yet now, there it was.

With a familiar hand on the buckle.

Jun Yibai smirked, chuckling at his bewildered expression.

"Really, how reckless can you be?" He scolded, patting Li Suren on the chest. "Are you an idiot?"

"S-Sweetie, you-!"

Jun Yibai sat back, smiling to himself as Li Suren voiced his complaints at being teased.

This was the method of winning against a narcissist like Li Suren.

Just throw him off his game with a bit of pushing and he could get quite an amusing reaction from this narcissist.

This strategy can't be done recklessly. It was a bold move and can backfire if done too often.

Still, seeing Li Suren all flustered was worth the risk sometimes.

Having been granted a few minutes of peace, Jun Yibai stared out the window, noting the multitude of black cars around them. The windows were tinted and they kept their distance consistent regardless of the traffic.

Was this how Li Suren usually traveled? With an entourage?

"They are there to protect me." The omega explained, having settled down from the beta's teasing. "My papa is always worried that something might happen so she has some of her cop friends look after me whenever I'm out."