U: Bad Day

AN: This chapter was supposed to be shorter originally but kept going in spite of my intentions. This is like, twice as long as I originally planned and part of me wants to split it but I'm not sure where I could. Honestly, I'm just happy things went in the direction I intended this time around~

No edit so please help an apple out!

*****

The next few days were... strange to say the least.

All of a sudden, he felt a lot more eyes on him, which was unusual. Every time he passed by a group, the whispers they had been speaking faded and they stared at him as he walked by. As soon as he was out of earshot, the whispers continued.

Stranger still, his classmates all gave him the stink eye. When he spoke to them, they would snort and pretend like he hadn't said anything.

They hadn't been the most friendly before but they would at least respond when he asked them questions on a subject.

Now they barely looked at him.

In spite of the sudden ostracization from his classmates, his professor, the omega, kept a close eye on him. Calling on him frequently during the lecture and praising his interesting ideas on the given subject.

His compliments were always met with a low derisive grunt from someone nearby.

It felt like everyone around him was following a script while Jun Yibai was left unaware.

By the third day, Jun Yibai had started to wonder what was going on. No one wanted to talk to him and the few who did seem to be sneering at him.

The one who broke the silence was Hanyu, who pulled him from the hall into a separate room. His nervous glances made it clear he was avoiding prying eyes.

Jun Yibai tried not to be hurt by the implication that he was something to be ashamed of.

"Why are you walking around like nothing is going on?!" He asked, looking Jun Yibai over as if checking for injuries. "Are you crazy?"

"Me? I haven't done anything so why shouldn't I go to class?" He snapped back. Hanyu apparently knew what was going on too, it seems.

"You? You don't know?"

"Know what?"

Hanyu groaned, looking frustrated at his apparent lack of knowledge.

"Someone put out a claim on the message board that you're a sugar baby."

"A what?" Him? A sugar baby? He was built like a house. Who would want him? "Me?"

"Seriously?" Hanyu looked him over before he realized that yes, Jun Yibai truly had no idea. "I thought you were just ballsy for walking around without addressing the rumors. Dumb but ballsy."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I've had my assignment to finish so I haven't checked the message boards until today." He explained, facepalming. Their study session was partly about him completing an assignment for his class. Since their session had gone nowhere, it was sensible to distance himself from distractions until he finished. "People have been talking about how shameless you've been, walking around like nothing happened so I got worried about you. Haven't you looked?"

"...No." He didn't bother to look at the social message board, only looking at the bulletins about maintenance or schedule changes. The forums where his rumors were being uploaded were on a completely different section than where Jun Yibai looked.