U: Preparations

AN: A random thought that occurred to me recently is this: You guys know about the plot points in dramas/novels where the antagonists try to ruin the MC in various ways to get with the ML. They think, 'if X happens to MC, the ML will either ditch them or choose me cause potatoes.' It sounds dumb when reading it but it occurred to me that in order to think such a thing, this method had to have worked at least once and that just saddens me.

*****

Jun Yibai wasn't sure about how to feel.

Alpha's were possessive, as he had heard, but how was one supposed to respond to such a declaration?

Thank you?

I feel the same way?

Neither felt right. As such, Jun Yibai put it on the back burner. He'd dissect this matter later on. He had a lot to think about now.

First things first, he had to talk to Yang Ru. If he didn't reassure her soon, she was absolutely going to call the police about him being missing.

He'd already started the day out pretty well. He didn't want to ruin it.

"Where is my phone?" Jun Yibai moved out of the alpha's embrace to look for his clothes.

He didn't see the glint of displeasure in the alpha's red eyes as he watched his beta leave him without a response.

His master was very cruel but fuck did he love this bastard!

"My guys have it. I already called them up so they should be here to drop it off in a few minutes." Chen Guiren said, his eyes never leaving the beta as he walked about the room. His eyes were hot and intense as he looked at the man. "Master should take a shower first. I don't mind you having my scent on you but I might kill my own men if they get to enjoy it too."

Chen Guiren's voice was deep and rumbling like it was clawing its way from deep within him. Like a predator letting its prey notice it before striking.

Jun Yibai, the prey, knew better than to turn around. He was absolutely sure this guy would pounce upon eye contact. With his back turned, they were still master and servant.

If their eyes met now, he was absolutely sure he'd be prey.

"Don't be gross." He scolded, grimacing. Pinching the edge of his robe, he couldn't help but notice how sweaty and gross he felt now. His underwear was a mess and he hadn't had the chance to shower the night before.

He must smell gross, yet this weird guy acted like he didn't.

He really wanted to hit the alpha just then.

"Moreover, how did you get my phone?" He asked, only now realizing he didn't have his phone on him. Last night had gone by fast so its absence was completely unnoticed by him.

Then this morning happened and the last thing he'd been thinking about was checking his emails.

"You and the fox dropped them on the beach last night. Honestly, it's a good thing they didn't get ruined in the rain before my guys got them."

Again, Jun Yibai briefly contemplated asking why Chen Guiren's guys were there AT ALL but refrained from doing so. Li Suren and Chen Guiren were both stalkers so he should just learn not to ask questions he'll regret asking.

He headed to the bathroom, blocking the alpha from following with his arm.

"Tell Li Suren that I had something to do."

"You're leaving?!" He cried, that dangerous tone fading. Only then did Jun Yibai look at the alpha.

"Knowing Yang Ru, she won't take anyone's word but mine. At this point, she'll probably demand I show up in person."