Chapter 4 | The end and the beginning

A/N  Pic is what the prison looks like

*~Time skip~* like 6 months(13 years old now)

Many things have happened these past months. Lori - Carl's mum - announced she is pregnant in the end of the world. Shane is now dead. So is Andrea, or at least we think she has disappeared. Carl shot him. Many are now dead from when the walkers broke into the farm.

Flashback~
I screamed as I saw a herd of maybe 300 walkers walking towards the farmhouse. My daddy was shooting a shotgun killing as many as he could as me, my sisters and Lori were running away. Carl and his dad had burnt the barn to distract them.

I looked ahead as I watched Jimmy get bitten into his should his flesh being pulled by the jaw of the Walker and blood squelching and flying everywhere.

We all ran. Eventually everyone met up at the highway all scared for our lives. I looked around for Carl seeing him I ran into his arms holding onto him for dear life. "Your ok" I said relieved that he was alive.

"I'm just glad your ok." He said still hugging me. Then I saw my sisters and dad I broke away the hug from Carl and grabbed onto them hugging them all.

End of flashback~

More has happened since then. We had been on the road for a long time, living in the woods barely getting any food.

Then we found a place to live at. It's not the most homely well I wouldn't say it is, but it'll work I guess. It's a huge prison. With sturdy fences perfect for keeping walkers out. Lots of guard towers so we can see what's going on. And lots of cells *I mean rooms*.

We have just arrived at the prison and only one cell block has been cleared of walkers. So these are our new living quarters. Yay.

Me and Carl stroll around looking at our new home

Me and Carl stroll around looking at our new home. "Very homely." I say very sarcastically.

"Its not that bad," Carl says walking in a cell room. I walk in after him and cringe as the disgusting, decaying smell hits my nose.

"Not this room, it smells," I declared already moving away and walking into a different cell. This one is a lot cleaner and it had a bunk bed in it. Plus a dresser on the side. It's not very big but it'll do.

Carl walks in as well placing his bag down. "This cell is nice" I comment laying down on the bottom bunk making myself comfortable.

Carl nods "it is, since there's bunk beds would you maybe wanna... you know?" Carl expresses trying to get his words out but failing.

"Wanna share?" I suggest knowing that's what he was trying to ask. "I mean if you are asking," Carl answers now sitting on the edge of the bottom bunk.

"Well if we are sharing you can take the top bunk." I grin,  if you have seen the top bunk it is gross, there's stain and dirt all over it. Carl sighs but agrees hopping onto the dirty top bunk. He must really want to share with me.

"Y/N," I see my dad standing outside my cell as he looks around it a little before seeing Carl sitting on the top bunk looking at a comic book he has. "You want to see a cell you and Beth can share?" He calmly notes. He can clearly see that me and Carl have picked out a cell so why do I need one with Beth?

"I'm in the cell I'm going to stay in dad." I state focusing my eyes on him. He just examines the room a bit more.

"Hi Hershel," Carl starts trying to back me up, but when he said my dads name my dad gave him a what did you just say look, "I mean Mr Greene sir, me and Y/N are going to share a room."

"Ok sweetie if that's what you want." He says as he leaves the cell walking into the hall area. I jump off the bed and say  "right let's go out of this cell and look around more."

We walk out of the cell and go out the doors to this big room with a few circle tables around.
I see everyone is there getting Rick, Hershel, Daryl and Glenn all armed up for something.

I walk up to Daryl "Where are you guys going?" I question looking at Daryl's scraggy brown hair, he always looked dirty and unclean he was also in his late 40s. I think in all honestly I haven't spoken to him much.

"Just going to clear out some other cell blocks and rooms in this place." He responded he always talks like he doesn't care about anything we are saying. I nod and trot over to my dad and Rick saying goodbye even though they are just to a different part of the building. You never know these days. I see Maggie kiss Glenn from the corner of my eye I need to make sure to tease her about that later.

They walked off and I sit back down on one of the table's circular seats. Along with everyone else who didn't go. I see Lori struggling to sit down especially since she is like 8 months pregnant. I start to go over but I see Carl help her instead I mean she is his mum and she is pregnant with his sister but still. He's so sweet, I'm so lucky that he is my friend.

Him and Lori go off back to the cells leaving me, Maggie, Beth and Carol - a woman maybe late 40s, with greyish hair she's very nice to me.

"Oh Beth sorry I can't share a cell with you," I say. Beth faces me and replies "Oh thank god I'm not sharing with you," I glare at her pretending to be hurt by what she said.