Chapter 26 | We are the walking dead

We come across a pack of bottled water with a sign that says

'From a friend'

It must be a trap. If it's not then who left it?

Honestly I couldn't care less I'm thirsty and tired. Let's just hope it is 'from a friend'.

"What else are we gonna do?" Rosita asks. Rick replies "with not this we don't know who left it."

"If that's a real. We already happen to be in it. But I, for one, would like to think it is indeed from a friend." Eugene said. I completely agreed with him I just really want that water.

"What if it isn't? They put something in it?" Carol countered. Eugene walks over and picks a bottle up. What the hell is this man doing?

"Eugene." Rosita says.
"What are you doing, dude?" Tara asks.

He goes to drink out of it but Abraham knocks it out of him hand. Everyone watches as Abraham walks back "we can't." Rick explains.

It starts raining. I see Rosita and Tara laugh and lay on the floor and everyone else laughs and sigh. I can't. I can't have a good time. Not if Beth isn't here.

I just stay still in place. Feeling the rain falls off my nose and drop on the floor adding to the heaps of rainfall already.

It is nice. Feeling something so cold after walking in the hot humid air for a long time.

"Everybody get the bags. Anything you can find." Rick instructs trying to get everyone out of the rain. Everyone looks in a direction shocked so I do the same. Seeing a huge thundercloud in the distance. There's gonna be a storm.

"There's a storm!" Daryl shouts over the rain.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Rick sends a group in to scout the barn first while we wait in the rain. I'm cold and now I just want to go inside.

Eventually, we get in and we make a campfire. I sit next to Carl and Judith, taking out my bag. I have water which is barely full anymore. Books that are wet and soggy. Some baby formula for Judith and an extra knife.

I glance over at Carl to see he's asleep with Judy in his arms. He looks so cute.

I look for Maggie and find her asleep on the floor as well. The only people who are up are Rick, Daryl, Carol and Glenn they are all have a conversation about me and Carl.

So I'm pretending to be asleep next to him so I can eavesdrop.

"This isn't the world. This isn't it." Michonne explains. "It might be." Glenn adds on making me quite sad.

I lean into Carl and Judy as I listen to Rick tell his deep story "I asked my grandpa if he ever killed Germans. He didn't answer. So I asked him if the Germans ever tried to kill him. He said he was dead as soon as he got onto enemy territory. After a few years of pretending he was dead... he made it out alive."

My eyes start to go black as I start to drift off to sleep hearing "we do what we need to do. Then we get to live. I know we'll be okay. Cause we tell ourselves. That we. Are. The walking dead!"

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I wake up in a sweat looking at Carl whose next to me. I had the worse nightmare about Beth.