Chapter 33 | Keeping A Look-out

Most of the community stood round the knocked down wall that had been rebuilt.

Maggie was okay. She survived the attack. Thank the lord.

I wrap my arms round her and feel her arms pull me tight. Something about Maggie felt off recently, she had been a lot more secretive about everything.

She leans her chin on my head "Hey, you know Glenn went on that supply run," she starts I stop giving her a hug and pull back. I don't like where this is going.

"Well, Glenn didn't come back. He's not dead. Just still on the supply run." She tells me.

No. This was my worst fear. Beth was missing and we found her.. her.. dead.

I shake my head "Will he be okay?" Maggie grabs my shoulders stopping me from moving.

Maggie pulls me close again "Shhh. Listen, he will be fine. You know Glenn. That man is strong, okay. I bet you he's just on the supply run right now."

"Your right." I tell her. Feeling her hands stroke my head. I didn't believe her.

"Y/n I'm.." She starts as I still hug her. Lots of people start talking and walk over making Maggie stop her conversation.

"Your what?" I ask pulling away from the hug.

She looks at me then shakes her head "I'm sure Glenn will be just fine." He voice cracks at this. I can tell she's scared but trying to be strong for me.

Maggie was my only family left. The only member of the Greene family left should I say. Heck even she's not part of the Greene family anything since she's now a Rhee.

I see Ron walking over and I tell Maggie I'll be back. She nods and I walk over to Ron who was looking at me.

"Hey." He says.

"Hey. Have you seen Enid? I think she might have climbed over the wall and now shes stuck there." I tell him.

He gives me a look "Um. Why would I know?" It sounded like a question and more like the start of an argument. He was mad that I asked about Enid.

I look down at the floor not expecting such a harsh reply.

I'm guessing he notices because he chances the topic "Thanks for, um, saving me." He thanks me putting his hands in his pocket "How'd you know how to shoot like that?"

I look up thinking about the memory "Actually, Rick taught me. I remember I was awful, but now.."

"Now your badass. Hey you think Rick could teach me?" Ron asks.

I nod at him "Maybe. I know it took some convincing for him to do it with me, but I'm sure he would." I tell Ron. He is very nice to me. I can see why Enid likes him.

He moves forward a bit causing me to take a small step back and look around for anyone. He looks right in my eyes making me feel very awkward, I definitely do not like this "You are amazing y/n, I mean you saved me. I've been wanting to say I really-"

Rick shouting cuts him off making me let out a sigh. Saved by Rick.

"You can hear it.  Some of you saw it. They got back here, half of them. Still enough to surround us twenty deep. Look, I know your scared. You haven't seen anything like this. You haven't been through anything like this, but we are safe for now," As Rick says this I slowly move away from Ron so we don't have to continue our awkward conversation. I know Rick wasn't talking about me he was talking about the others. The people in Alexandria.

"The panel the trick hit seems intact. We reinforce it just in case, either way the walls are gonna hold together, can you?" He then looks at me "The others, they're gonna be back." Almost as if he reassuring me. It works. If Rick Grimes tells you somethings going to happen it does.