Chapter 28 | Alexandria

I'm posting again

The door opens. I hold my breath. I cautiously watch Rick move forward and I do the same.

There's a road and greenery, rows and rows of houses. It's a safe place. It's like life was before. It's peaceful and perfect.

We give them all our guns, which I was skeptical of.

Eventually, we make it to the houses we will stay at. It was a huge American family house in a grey colour. It was nice. Normal.

I'm in the living room looking at all the books I point to one "Tara, oh my god look they have so many books." She smiles "I know we need to set a goal to read them all."

I nod. Then go out on the front porch where Carl, Daryl, Rick and Carol. Daryl was gutting some squirrel. "Y/n let's go look at the other house." Carl says as soon as I walk outside.

"Be quick." Rick warns as me, Carl and Carol go to the house next door.

We let Carl open the door and me and Carol trail behind him. We walk into the house it's very big and gorgeous. I look around at the kitchen counters and the running tap.

"These are like mansions." Carl says looking around as well. I nod and Carol speaks "I know and they are just giving them away."

Carol was right. This was weird in the pre end of the world, people would've had to pay lots of money to live here and we just get it for free?

I sit on the couch. It's so soft and cozy.

"You two coming?" Carol asks walking to the front door. I just carry on lounging on the sofa so Carl answers for me "Yeah in a sec."

Carol walks out and it's just me and Carl. I go to say something when we hear a noise. It sounds like a banging or maybe footsteps. "You heard that right?" I ask Carl standing up from the sofa.

"Yeah I did." He tells me. We both face the ceiling as the sound came from upstairs. "We should go and investigate right?" I ask. He nods and walks up the stairs in front of me.

We walk up slowly and on high alert. The only noise I can hear is our footsteps.

Once we make it to the top Carl pulls out his big ass knife and I do the same with my knife. We see a door closed and we slowly walk up with me behind Carl to it with our weapons ready.

He places his hand on the handle and I get my knife ready in case a walker shows up.

He pulls it open and there's... nothing. Oh.

I loosen my grip on my knife "There's nothing here." I say as we enter the little room that has a few drawings and comic books in.

"There is this comic book." Carl says showing me it.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

It was now night time and we were all sleeping in the same house in the living room.

Everyone was relaxing. Me and Glenn were setting up my bed for the night which was right next to his and Maggie's. "When we were younger dad used to always make little forts for me and Beth in the sitting room. Sometimes Maggie would join. This feels just like that." I tell Glenn as he passes me my pillow.

"Really, I let you in on a little secret. Pillow forts are my favourite." Glenn answers hitting me with a pillow. I laugh at him as he hits Maggie who just walked in the room. Such a man child honestly.

"Stop it." Maggie dramatically pulls the pillow out of his hands and passes it to me. I take it and speak to Glenn but saying it loud enough for Maggie to hear "Now you know why she never did the pillow forts with us." She scoffs and sit downs on her bed knowing it's only a joke, I put it down on my bed and lay down looking at the nicely painted ceiling.