Chapter 29 | In The New Community

Look at me posting loads

I swing my knife at the tree and miss the spot it's supposed to hit I turn to Carl who's watching me "Dude, how'd I miss that. I'm already loosing all my skills."

He laughs then speaks "Calm down. You missed once. You can't just forget everything straight away."

I nod and go for a second time thing time hitting the spot on the bark. "Told you." Carl boasts in a I'm right voice.

"Yeah, yeah, your right good job." I sarcastically say pulling out my knife out of the tree.

"You going to the town parties tonight?" Carl asked me now taking his spot to thrown the knife.

I huff out some air "I don't have a choice, Maggie says 'I have to go' so to answer your question yes." He aims and then stabs the knife in the right point.

He turns round to me and I give him a smile and we high five "Still got it."

We stand facing each-other and I pull him in for a kiss. God we haven't kiss in a while you know. We then walk back to Alexandria before the others find out we're gone holding hands.

Once we get back Maggie separates us saying I need to get ready for the party.

"What you wanna do with your hair?" Maggie asks me as we sit in a bedroom with a dressing table. I think she wants to do all the things sisters do. (If you don't have long hair it's fine cause your just keeping it down like you normally would)

"What about I leave it down, it's been washed so it's not dirty or greasy." I offer she nods and brushes it out for me and pulls it to the front.

"Now you look beautiful." She says smiling and staring at me. I smile as well. Wearing my dress and my hair done, I do look nice. (You don't have to wear a dress)

Me, Glenn and Maggie all arrive at the party together.

"Hey you three welcome, welcome. It's nice to see you guys decided to come." Deanna greeted as we walked in. Maggie starts speaking "No thank you for putting this on it's good to meet everyone, get to know 'em."

A little later on Carl, Rick, Michonne and Judy show up and I go straight over to them ditching the boring Glenn and Noah.

"Carl, I need to show you the food table." I tell him straight away grabbing his hand.

"Nice to see you too y/n." Rick says smiling.

I face him "Hi Rick." Then I turn back to Carl "Now the food table." I yank his hand taking him to see the food table as it was very urgent.

A few hours later Ron and Mikey were now here and we were all chatting. "Hey um where's Enid?" I ask Ron as I assumed they were friends.

"This isn't really her crowd I don't think." He answers. I nod "She did offer me her comic book, I think she's trying get out of giving it to me by not showing up."

Mikey adds "Sounds like her, hey Ron show them what you brought."

I look at Carl whose already looking at me and we both glance at Ron who waves his hands about him pulls out a pack of cards.

"Let's play." Ron tells us placing the cards on a table to set them out.

We start playing for ages. "Your bluffing." I say squinting my eyes at Carl while he tries to keep a straight face.

"Carl reveal your answer." Ron the game master said. Carl flipped round his set of cards and laughed "Ha got you I wasn't bluffing."

"Guys meet my brother. Sam come over here!" Ron calls his brother over. A little young boy comes running over all sweaty and out of breath.

"What Ron?" Sam asks still trying to breathe. He only ran for like 3 seconds.

"Sam meet my friends y/n and Carl. Y/n and Carl this is Sam." He introduces us.

"Hi. Are you playing go fish?" Sam asks after seeing the set of cards in our hands.

"No. Now go away." Ron says pushing him away which did confuse me, seen as he did call him over.

We play cards again. "Your cheating Carl, you looked at my cards." I say hiding my cards close to my chest.

"No I didn't." He replies. I jokingly push him "I saw you. Ron, Mikey didn't you see him too." I ask Ron and Mikey while holding Carl's arm.

"I wasn't paying attention, sorry." Mikey replies putting his hand up in surrender.

"Are you two dating?" Ron randomly asks. I look at Carl and then back at Ron "Yes we are, why?" Carl says before I can.

"Just wondering." Ron replies. It feels very awkward now. Extremely awkward. Ron shuffles on his feet looking between us.

"So umm. We should go to yours again and play video games that was fun." Carl speaks up not picking up on the tension.

"Yeah of course, it was very fun." Ron answers.

I walk over to Maggie who's talking to Noah. God that was awkward.

"Hey y/n you alright?" Maggie asks.

"What up." Noah said putting his hand out for a high five. I high five him back.

"What do you think about this place?" Maggie asks whispering a little so no can hear us.

"It's alright. Hope it's good in the long run." Noah speaks when Deanna calls Maggie over.

Maggie leaves and now it's just me and Noah. "I uh, I heard you were the last person with Beth. Can I ask did she," I swallow and try not to cry at the thought of Beth "Was she happy in her last few days?"

Noah takes a deep breathe at the deep topic I just mentioned. "Umm. She was a happy girl, I think she would've thought the best about the situation we were both in." He finally said after a while. I know he was trying to choose the right words to say.

I nod "She was very happy."

Noah nods "She talked about you and your sister a lot when we were at the hospital."