Chapter 18 | Traintracks

A/n sorry I haven't posted in a bit but I'm back <3

Carl and I were sitting round the kitchen table eating our cornflakes. I was staring at him as he poured himself some more, gosh he's so cute. Carl started laughing making me confused?

Michonne had walked in with her cereal and an extremely long man's t-shirt making me laugh as well. "Do you have something to say about my extremely attractive shirt?" She asked showing her long shirt off.

"No, no it looks great." Carl insisted. It actually did look cool. "Yeah it looks nice," I said smiling at her "very fashionable." She smiled back replying with "I know I'm a fashionable gal."

She sat next to me on the table and started pouring her cereal "I wish we had some soy milk." I scrunched my face in disgust "no. Just no." Soy milk sounds disgusting eww. Cannot think of anything worse. No way.

"Have you ever tried it? It's good." Michonne said trying to convince us. "Don't need to." I replied eating my cereal. "I have," Carl added "my best friend in third grade was allergic to diary and everyday he would bring this soy stuff to lunch and I tried it and I threw up." "No you didn't." Michonne said shaking her head. "Ok your right. I almost threw up, but I was like." Then Carl started faking gagging which made and Michonne laugh. "Sounds yummy." I replied still laughing.

"I would rather have Judith's formula-." He stopped mid sentence I looked at him the mention of Judith made me feel a bit upset. He got up and said he had to go finish his book.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Me, Carl and Michonne had gone on a supply run. I could hear the leaves crunch as I skipped over them. Carl was walking next to me, we were bumping shoulders as we strolled.

"What are we hoping to get?" Michonne asked from beside me "Comic books? Crazy cheese?" She joked nudging me then she whipped some out her bag. "I'll be nice and let you have the first try."

No way. Gross anything but that stuff. "Hmmm no thanks, too gross." I replied to which Michonne gasped "ok Carl?"

Carl simply said no and then walked ahead then we reached a house and stopped.

Me and Carl stood back and watched Michonne knock on the window seeing if any walkers will come out. "I'm not very good at making boys your age laugh." Michonne spoke. I felt bad for her she just wants Carl to like her.

"I was laughing," Carl reassured "on the inside." Michonne laughed "I can make toddlers laugh, 2 or 3 year olds."

"What do you mean toddlers?" I asked interested in what she meant. "I had a 3 year old son," Michonne admitted "he happened to find me extremely funny." Me and Carl glanced at eachother as she opened the door walking into the house.

Michonne started saying things we needed while searching draws. "Why did you never tell me you had a kid?" "What was his name?" Me and Carl both asked at the same time. I guess he was as interested as I was.

"I'll answer one question at a time, one room at a time. Only after we cleared it."

We had cleared a room and I blurted out before Carl could "what was his name?" Michonne looked at me and replied "his name was Andre Anthony."

I felt horrible for her. What happened to him? We are all assuming the same thing right in a worldly like this. He was gone.

We asked her many more questions. Got to know he is her only child and it had been a long time since he was gone.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

We were now walking back. I had 2 whole bags full of stuff just lots of random things. It was nice and peaceful until Rick ran up to us telling us to run. I started running away from the house as did everyone else.

A traintrack, we had made it to a train track. I was walking across very slowly and balanced holding Carls hand so I didn't fall. Me and Michonne were in an intense balancing battle.

"Your going down." I boast almost about to fall I feel Carl tighten his grip on my hand helping me gather my balance. "Spoke too soon." She tries to scare me which doesn't work and she ends up falling.

"I am the winner." I boast taking a small bow. Rick comes over and complains about us being too slow. "No fair you had help." Michonne said referencing to Carl and completely ignoring Rick. "Just choose what chocolate bar you want."

"Hmmm," she holds out a choice of two I know she wants the big cat one she's holding it tighter than the other one "I'll go for that one." I say pointing to the big cat one, she whines but hands it over. I open it and break it in half "sharing is caring." I say passing her a piece of it.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

We carried on walking we were now in the woods I was next to Carl and Michonne. Rick was the other side of Carl they were talking about something but I wasn't listening. The one thing I hated about walking was that it gave me lots of thinking time. I couldn't stop thinking about my Maggie and Beth. I hope they are alive. God I hope they are. What if they aren't?

No y/n stop thinking that. Stop it. Think about Terminus. We found a sign when we were walking and it said terminus. Terminus is a safe place apparently. I hope it has a nice big house. Ohhh and parks. And none of those monsters. I just can't imagine a normal world now.

I got my gun out as we all heard a walker growling. Luckily Michonne got it. "Rick," I call going to the snare "we got one." I comment smiling this was my snare. "Good job." Rick says giving me a high five.

"It's only a small one," Carl joke, what an idiot "I bet mine did better." Ohh he wants to fight.

"If you say so Carl." I reply patting his shoulder "if you say so." Rick starts showing us how to do a more advanced snare. He's cut short by a scream.

"Someone help me!"