Chapter 37 | Bring me a souvenir

A/n this is kind of a filler chapter hope that's okay.

I hear a banging from downstairs.

"Carl." I whisper Carl whines and then whispers back still half asleep "What."

Shaking him I make sure he's fully awake before I stand up and take my gun from the bedside table.

"What are you doing?" Carl asks me getting up as well.

Another bang happens.

Now Carl is on high alert with me. I watch him get his gun.

Walking out of his bedroom I take light footsteps in the hallway and stop when I stop a man sitting on the top step looking at a picture.

He didn't look like a threat. He was simply just sitting observing the picture.

Carl clocked his gun and placed it besides the man's head "What the hell are you doing in our house?"

I raise my gun and stand beside Carl. The man doesn't flinch.

"I'm, uh, sitting on the steps looking at this painting, waiting for your mum and dad to get dressed." The man says me and Carl send each other a confused look.

"Who are you?" I ask the man as Carl still holds his gun at the man's head.

The man laughs and answers my question "Hi. Im Jesus."

Rick walks up behind me making me turn round to see a shirtless Rick and Michonne following behind.

"Carl, y/n. Hey, um.." Rick starts. I do not want to know what them two were doing.

More footsteps are head from the bottom of the stairs and I look over and see Daryl, Glenn, Abraham and Maggie all with their guns out.

Maggie stares at me.

"It's— it's okay." Michonne tells the other who have their guns out making them slowly put them down.

"You said we should talk." Rick says to the Jesus man "So let's talk."

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

We all sit at the kitchen table around Jesus.

"So, how'd you get out?" Rick asked Jesus.

"One guard can't cover two exits or third floor windows. Knots untie and locks get picked. Entropy comes from order, right?" Jesus looks at Daryl.

"Right." Daryl replies.

"I checked out your arsenal. I haven't seen anything like that in a long time. Your well-equipped but your provisions are low. Very low for the amount of people you have. 54?" Jesus says.

"More than that." Maggie buts in cautious of this man.

"Well, I appreciate the cookie. My compliments to the chef." Jesus says. Jesus seems okay to me, he doesn't seem like a threat.

"She ain't here." Daryl says rather menacingly to the man.

"Look, we got off to a bad start. But we are on the same side.. the living side. You and Rick had every reason to leave me out there, but you didn't. I'm from a place that's a lot like this one,"

As soon as Jesus says this I sit up straight and listen in more "Part of my job is searching out other settlements to trade with. I took your truck because my community needs things, and both of you looked like trouble. I was wrong. You're good people."

"Our communities could be in a position to help each other." He offers.

"Do you have food?" Glenn asks.