Chapter 17 | "we win"

I turned round to see two walkers touching me. I tried to pull one off me. Carl came running over grabbing the other one he had been pushed to floor. I wanted to help him but I already had my hands full.

I tried to get my gun out of my latch as one was still grabbing onto me trying to bite my shoulder. The gun loosened and a pulled it out shooting the walker infront of me.

Immediately I ran to help Carl seeing two piled ontop of him. One was over his face so he couldn't see and I shot the others who were trying to get him. And sighed, "you ok?" I asked going over to him. "I guess." He replied I grabbed his hand pulling him out of the pile of 4 or 5 walkers.

He stood there heavily breathing as we both realised we could've died. He then threw up onto the floor, I rubbed his back and picked it up his hat on the floor and put it on his head.

"We win." I claimed smiling.

He then grabbed my hand and we walked back down the road. I'm gonna be honest I was just thinking if he had sick on his hand or not. Which luckily he didn't.

"Let's go back to the house." I insisted.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

When we got to the house, I went upstairs into the little girls room trying to find anything to wear. Carl had gone to talk to his dad.

Well I then realised the little girl was like 5 and her clothes would not fit me so I was stuck in this bloody outfit for a little while. Maybe I could check the mums room?

Into the hallway I went when I heard Carl screaming. When I heard him shout "they counted on you, you were their leader." I decided ok I should probably go and calm him down.

I heard the front door slam making me confused. I ran after him running down the front porch steps as he was starting to walk out on the road, "ummm hiiii, you forget about me." I shouted making him turn around. "What." He angrily replied he did stop though so I could catch up. "You just left without me," I answered.

"Well I wasn't going forever."

"Whatever. Where are you going now?" I asked now standing next to him. Looking around he pointed at a house and replied "there."

As we got up to it, Carl pulled a garden light out of the floor. Then we went to the front door, I checked to see if there was anyway we could get in. A huge bang distracted me and I looked to see Carl lying on the floor. What an idiot he had tried to bust the door down by running into it like his dad does.

Eventually, we managed to get it open. Now we could explore, I went to go upstairs when Carl stopped me "no stay with me, we'll both be safer." He gave me a smile that I couldn't resist so I agreed.

We went into the runsacked kitchen emptying out all the cupboards and putting it into a bag. "There's quite a lot of food." I commented still emptying the cupboards out. "There is," Carl then got on the counter and onto of the cupboard he pulled out some chocolate pudding.

We both smirked at each other when he brought it down. "Let's go look at upstairs now." I spoke pulling his hand for him to follow.

We split up at the top of the stairs me going to left and Carl going to the right. I opened this one door and immediately a walkers hands came flooding out trying to grab me. I panicked trying to close the door when the walker pushed it open causing me to fall back. Carl came running in from the room he was in and shot it.

I sat on the floor breathing heavily when it grabbed my foot and started pulling it. This time I shot it and jumped up. For some reason it would not die, me and Carl ran into the room behind. I ran over to the window trying to open it while Carl tried to close the jammed door. The walker busted in grabbing carls foot. Shit what can I do. I looked around and saw a lamp, it was pretty but not the point, I picked it up and wacked the walker round the head with it. Me and Carl then ran and shut the door now back in the hallway.

Phew. I glanced at Carl and muttered "we win."

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"This isn't funny I might fall." I claim walking over the rooftop still in the same house. Carl looked at me and laughed. "This is not funny. Cowboy if I die it's your fault." I was slowly making my way over to the edge.

The rooftop was very flat so it wasn't hard to walk over. Carl was already sitting on the edge with his pudding.

"Ha I made it." I boasted sitting down next to him both our legs dangling over the edge. It was sunny and I could see houses all around and flowers. It was dead silent not a noise besides carls pudding.

"Y/n I was so worried when that walker almost got you," Carl finally broke the silence I faced him letting him carry on "I was worried when you got that flu, I was terrified when I couldn't find you back at the prison. It just makes me realise I care about you. Like a lot."

"Carl I care about you too," We we're now both staring at eachother. Before we knew it we were both leaning in, I felt butterflies in my tummy this was a whole new feeling for Carl. He gently placed his lips on mine, closing in the tension. It was a feeling I had never felt before. I tasted chocolate pudding but it tasted yummy so I'm not complaining.

Once we finished we pulled back I smiled at him and he smiled back. I had never ever felt like this for anyone before, and I liked it. I looked at his ocean, crystally blue eyes and his cute little hat that he had on. I loved this boy. Of course I didn't say that to him. "I really like you y/n." Carl added still staring at me. "I really like you too Carl." I replied smiling at him.

"Now give me some of that pudding." I ordered taking it out of hands and taking a spoonful of it myself. It tasted like heaven. Me and Carl spent the rest of the day sitting up there we somehow managed to finish the whole huge tin. Oops.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Rick had finally woken up and gave me and Carl a scare at first thinking he was a walker now. Luckily he's not.

It's the next morning Rick and Carl were sitting next to eachother while I sat opposite with knees tucked in and my head leaning on my knees. "You shouldn't have risked going out. It's dangerous," Rick told us looking at the floor.

"We were careful." Carl replied, I just peered at them both. Wishing my dad was still here and that I could see Maggie, Glenn and Beth again.

"Well it's good you got food." Rick praised looking at his son. "We did get more, but um we ate it." Carl said looking at me smiling. "What was it?" Rick asked invested in our adventure.

"112 ounces of pudding." I finally spoke laughing. Carl and Rick both chuckled as well. Then Ricks face turned serious "we won't ever get things back to normal, I know that, I only clung to that for you. For Judith," he admitted with an upset face, he waited a while before saying "and now, and now she's gone."

I sniffled my eyes watering at the fact so many people I loved I have lost or they died. Judith's little giggle when I would tickle her and now she will never get to do that ever again, I will never get to hear that ever again. "Your a man now Carl," Rick gulped "and I'm sorry."

Watching this bonding moment made me want my dad. "You don't have to apologise." Carl replied to his dad. It was silence for a while just me drinking my water.

A knocking at the door made drop my water and flinch. Carl and Rick both looked at me as I picked up my gun. Carl got up and went to me getting his gun out ready to go see who it was.

Rick looked through the peep hole and started chuckling falling to the floor. Me and Carl glanced at each other me saying "what?"

"It's for you two." Rick stated smiling.

It was Michonne.