Chapter 23 | "I'm not a scientist!"

The radio was playing on the bus and I was sitting in silence looking out the window.

They were all talking about something but I was completely ignoring them.

Recently Beth had been on my mind a lot. It's strange but I know she's out there still. I know she's alive. I know it's embarrassing but she's probably my best friend and I know as her best friend. She's surviving. I hope she is.

She was always a people person. I don't know if she could survive on her own. But she's brave she'll make it. I will see her again.

"No one can make fun of my hair." Eugene warns about his mullet. I glance out the window seeing loads of walkers outside.

"I can. I will." I say. Eugene looks at me ready to bite back when the bus spins and crashes out of control.

I feel my head hit the seat ahead and it goes black for a split second. It's blurry and I can hear muffles of Glenn's voice as I wake up. It feels like a dream.

He's shaking my shoulder "Y/n? Y/n can you hear me?" I finally snap back into reality. Seeing everyone lying about everywhere.

Maggie is standing up and is looking down at me. I touch the top of my head and feel blood drip down. "You okay?" Glenn asks me helping me up. I nod.

"Abraham me and you go first to clear the way for y/n, Rosita and Maggie. Once we are all out we start hitting them yeah." Glenn announces the plan.

Abraham and Glenn bust out and I go after Rosita. I'm in the cold air which makes me feel even dizzier. I feel for my knife as I have a gun and a knife on me at all times.

A walker runs up to me but Maggie knocks it with the back of her gun. I get my knife and start stabbing loads it takes a lot of effort.

Eugene walks out and one walks near him but he's frozen in place. I kill it just in time. Then run to get others.

Once they are all killed. Glenn goes over to me and inspects my head "God y/n that looks like it hurts. We'll try and clean it up a bit yeah." I nod and Maggie says she will get the first aid kit in the bus.

However, the bus is on fire. Shit there goes our transport. Abraham starts shouting about how we can't go back to the church.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

We stop at a little bookstore for the night. I'm sitting on the blankets that have been put on the floor as my bed.

"Hey y/n," Tara says sitting with me "How's your head?"

I looks towards her showing her the huge gash on my forehead. "Not bad. Barely hurts anymore." I joke. Truth is my head hurts like a bitch.

"Well it doesn't look that bad." Tara responds making me cackle I saw in a window what it looks like. It's horrible.

"Thanks Tara." I reply playing with the blanket. "Hey we're in a book store I bet you could find a book here to read? Let's take one as our souvenir for staying in the bookshop." Tara says. I perk up and get my torch out as it is pitch black.

"Yeah okay," I answer we walk out of the main room and go round with my torch looking for books. We walk through a door seeing Eugene sitting on a chair and shelves of books.

"Just what we needed." Tara says going over to the shelf. "What ya'll doing?" Eugene asked.

"Getting some books." I say.
"Just getting a souvenir." Tara says.

I look through the piles of books.

Murder mysteries. No thank you too much of that in the real world.