Chapter 35 | "Dad?"

Deanna has been taken upstairs to a bedroom. As she has hurt her leg.

The plan is to hide out here for a bit. Just until we have an actual plan.

Judith is crying in my arms. Pulling her close, I rock and shush her.

"Your okay, Judy. Shhh, y/n's here." I reassure the crying baby.

Jessie walks in, putting a hand on her hips "Still crying. We have some baby snacks in the pantry give her some of them to keep her quiet."

I nod "Okay."

She walks back into Deannas room. I walk down the stairs and through the hallway to the kitchen.

Voices stop me. It sounds like Ron.

"My mums dead, my brothers dead."

I push open the door just as Carl says "No there not."

I see Ron and Carl standing face to face staring at me. It's a garage. There's tool boxes and bikes all around.

"I'm dead." Ron says brushing his shoulder past Carl to get to me. Ron's staring straight at me.

Carl doesn't turn to look at him as he walks up to me "No your not." Carl says back. Ron laughs at this.

I step forward as Ron pushes past me. Twisting the key that was in the door. Locking us in.

"Your dad. You're dead too." Ron says. I move further away from Ron. He's starting to sound scary.

Ron turns his head slowly to look at me, putting a hand by his pocket "y/n's dead."

He's pulling out a gun. I've got to stop him.

I dart forward and push him into the door.

He yells as I push my body weight onto him, I dig my hand onto his chest making him wail in pain. Moving his gun to my face and pulls me to the side smashing us both into a metal cabinet.

My head hits the floor with a thud. Everything goes black for a second.

My ears are ringing and I can feel the blood pumping to my head.

Right in my direct line of sight, Carl pushes Ron. Then Ron pushes Carl out of my sight.

I don't know what's going on.

Glass shatters and I hear Carl scream.

Pushing myself up, my head pounds as I glance around. Carl is by the door and Ron is holding him towards it, walkers are coming up to the door.

"Open the door." Rick and Jessie shout from outside.

Without thinking. I pick up a wooden basket that was on the side and lunge forward hitting Ron round the head with it.

The wooden basket shatters into pieces causing Ron to stumbles to the floor breathing heavily while Carl runs forward pushing the cabinet at the door to stop the walkers from getting in.

"Help!" He shouts to me and Ron.

I move forward to help him but Rick bursts through the locked door "Come on!"

I run to the door. Entering the house again. We all make it through.

The walkers start trying to go for the door. I press all my weight against it. Jessie and Carl were doing the same.

"Watch out!" Jessie shouts.

Moving out of the way to let Rick and Gabriel push the couch against the door. Once they have I go back to holding the couch by the door.