Chapter 10 | Making a deal?

Since Rick, Michonne and Carl were gone for the day there was less people at the prison today.

I walk into the cafeteria room, seeing Carol with Judith, Daryl in the corner talking to Merle who is locked up might I add, Glenn and Maggie holding hands in the corner. Just the guy I'm looking for.

Carol gives me a quick wave which I wave back to and I walk over to Maggie and Glenn and sit next to them. Maggie looks at me annoyed that I interrupted their romantic hand-holding. Glenn turns his head as I shout "hey Gleeeeennnnnn."

"Yep that's my name don't wear it out, you ok?" Glenn asks holding his ear as I just screeched in it. Maggie also doing the same with her ears "shut up loud mouth." She says standing up and going to Carol.

"Hey Glenn-boy I'm good, just the cool guy I'm looking for." I reply making a finger gun as I say cool. "What do you want?" Glenn asks.

"Fine you caught me, I want to fight some walkers." Glenn glances at Daryl before saying "Daryl has been given clearing the courtyard of all the walkers duty if you want to join?"

"Um yes I want to," I reply. "Come on then," Glenn stands up and goes over to Daryl with me trotting behind.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

It had taken some convincing but me, Daryl and Glenn were all standing by the courtyard with all our guns and gear ready to kill the remainder walkers the governor dumped. There were about 12 maybe 13 all spread out over the huge grass area.

"Ok guys here's the plan," Glenn says making us stand in a circle "Daryl go left and as much of the middle as you can, I'll go right and middle as well and y/n you open the gate for us and get the remainder stragglers yeah." We both say uninterested yeahs and me and Daryl looked at eachother making a get on with it face and get in position. I know he gave me the worst job, do I look dumb.

I open the gate and watch them run with their knifes and crossbow. I see a straggler walking in the centre that none of them got so I run in with my knife clutched in my hand and go up to the Walker. With as much power as possible I dig my knife into the centre of its skull and yank it out.

I look around and see another one no so far away from me so I go and stab it right in the side of the head and again pull it out. 2 walkers down.

I glance around and see Glenn fighting a Walker when another one is walking behind him. I bolt to get to the one behind Glenn I shout "Glenn watch out." Before I spear my knife into the back of its head blood squirting out. Glenn looks at me and sends a relieved smile.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

After my busy rendezvous today of killing walkers in the courtyard and killing walkers at the gate I finally went inside.

I got cleaned up as best as I could and sat down on my bunk. Playing with the spring on the bottom of the top one I was humming some song Beth sung.

I miss my cowboy. Was the only thing I could think about which I know is stupid its been maybe a day at the most but still I miss that kid.

"I'll just go annoy Judith or Beth." I mention to myself getting up and going out of my room. I see Beth and Judith and pretty much spend the rest of the day with them and my dad as well.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
*~time skip~*

We were now all gearing up with the loot that Carl had brought back. Carl got the biggest hug ever when he got back. Just as Rick got back he's go back out to talk to the governor (the man we are potentially going to war with).

I picked some ammo and loaded it into a new gun that they had brought round. "Carl, over here." I hear Glenn call from across the room he instructs Carl and Beth to do something so I just carry on loading every gun I see.

Merle goes on about going to the governor place and starting the war ourself. Everyone started disagreeing with him with Glenn saying "we could get taken hostage or killed."

"Are you dumb?" I interrupt Merle "cause that is the stupidest idea ever." Merle looks at me with a fake hurt expression before replying "listen dollface stay out of this." Ugh what a weirdo, I was just saying my opinion.

"My dad can take of himself," Carl said finally talking as well he started to walk off. "Your dads head could be on a pike soon." Merle shouted back at him. I follow Carl out.

When Rick had returned he had told us what the governor said. Apparently the governor is the nicest of men, great. That's jolly good. By the look on Rick's face it meant he was not willing to cooperate. So no deal with the governor.