Chapter 16 | Split up

A/n this one is probably really shit so I'm sorry I tried my best to add y/n in. This is gonna be a looonnggg one so get ready.

The only thing I could hear was the stomping of Carls feet as he took a step. We had been walking for ages in the woods. Rick was next to me limping as he had injured his leg and Carl was angrily stomping ahead of us.

We just carried on walking. All this walking made me think back to the time we had gone camping in the woods.

Flashback~
Me, Beth, Maggie, Mum and Dad had all gone camping. When Maggie went to put up her tent it kept falling down I remember daddy trying to help her but she insisted she could do it herself. After hours of trying she finally got it up, when it was night time Beth and Maggie had to share that tent and me, mum and dad had our one.

I remember Beth screaming in the middle of the night and all of us running to see what it was. Only to find out it was the tent that Maggie had put up only now it was collapsed on the floor. Maggie being the stubborn girl she is, said "it was just the wind not my tent making skills."

Beth said she was not sleeping in the broken tent of course Maggie was as she wasn't going to admit she was wrong. So instead daddy slept in it as there wasn't enough space for 4 people in our tent. Daddy risked a bad nights sleep so Beth could have a good one.
End of flashback~

Daddy had always looked out for us. Always. This made my eyes water as I started crying. I sniffled as I remember my dad and how happy he was.

Carl was still stomping about miles ahead of us. I had slowed down so the injured Rick could keep up. "Carl, slow down." Rick said obviously talking to Carl. Carl just carried on walking ahead like he didn't hear a word his father said.

"Carl. STOP!" Carl stops in place as we catch up to him "we need to stick together, gotta find a place with food, supplies," I stayed silent this whole time just listening "hey we are all gonna be." He stopped sentence their I guess when he saw Carls face. As soon as he finished Carl stomped back off. Rick just looks at me and carries on limping.

We came across a building finally. I had my handgun out ready so did Carl, as Rick opened the front door he turned to us "wait outside, ok. Both of you keep watch." Is he stupid? He's injured he can barely go in alone.

"You keep watch, you can barely stand I'm not gonna let you go in there alone." At least Carl had the guts to say what I was thinking. "Excuse me?" Rick asked looking at me for some reassurance. "Umm." I said not quite knowing what to say. Ohh but Carl did "no I have done this before, I'm going in there, you should just let me do it myself." I roll my eyes.

"No your not going in there alone, I'm coming." I claim. "Fine, let's go." Rick ordered bursting the door open. With the gun in front of me, we bursted into the first room, it was a kitchen. "Kitchens clear!" Rick announces going to the next room me and Carl follow behind.

I think this room was some home bar before everything happened. There was a counter behind it was a walker and chairs and drinks but only a few of them. "That might be all that's left."' Rick commented pointing to the drinks.

Rick went closer, "I could probably get it." I noted, my gun aiming at its head. "No don't it's weak, I'll draw it out." Nodding I saw Carl pick up a note the man now walker wrote.

Rick got a nearby axe and threw the chairs off the counter. When he threw the axe into the walkers head it got stuck. I stood with my gun out, what do I do? Do I shoot it? No Rick told me not to. Out of nowhere Carl shot it. We both looked at him "I SAID NOT TO!" Rick told him. "What if you needed that one later?" Rick asked "just see what you can find then we'll move on."