Chapter 4

(Picture: Lauren/Skylar's mom)

A/N- BTW let me know If you want a certain persons picture or something to go up cause I donno anymore, I won't be able to update till Wednesday or thursday because I have camp 

Olivia POV

"I AM TIRED OF WAITING" my voice rises in anger and the young man in front of me shrinks back  with each word I speak. His black hair and tanned skin are soaked in sweat from nervousness and his orange eyes flicker between me and the floor in fright every-time I move slightly. I hate making people feel like this.

"I-I apologize Q-Queen Olivia" he takes a step back swallowing audibly "but we really only need two more months-"

"YOU HAVE BEEN SAYING THAT FOR THE PAST TWO AND A HALF YEARS AIDAN" I growl and stand up from my throne quickly, almost knocking my crown of in the process

"W-we...uh...I-I...it's-"

"One more week" I force my anger back inside and force my features to return to their eerily calm state

"But we cannot possibly-" I hiss and Aidan shrinks back realizing his mistake

"I will help you" his eyes widen and he breathes out heaviy in relief "but trust me when I say that if even ONE of your men makes me doubt his loyalty in the slightest he WILL be killed. Werewolves are nothing but foul-smelling giant idiotic dogs and they will listen to what I have to say"

"A-and if they do not?" Aidan shivers as I glare at him "If they simply attack you like they attack my men?"

"Then we kill them" Aidan nods trying to regain his proud posture "we kill as many of them as they killed of us and however many more until they listen...This stupid feud has gone on long enough, if they simply listened to me we could have already made arrangements and saved both of our kinds"

"T-they seem to be unaware that you do not wish to do anymore than talk" I frown at Aidan and motion for him to continue "It-it seems they believe you want to rule over or steal something from them"

"DID YOU NOT TELL THEM WHY YOU WERE ON THEIR TERRITORY" My anger grows as Aidan shakes his head before opening his mouth to explain "HOW MUCH OF A DUMB-ASS DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO FOGET ABOUT THAT?"

"T-they attacked us b-before we had a chance to explain-"

"I DON'T CARE!" Aidan flinches visibly at my loud voice "FIX IT!"

Three guards drag a protesting Aidan away and I sigh in frustration. I hate my father for raising me to act like this towards other vampires. Cold-hearted. Bad-tempered. Mercy-less. Bitchy. He made me practice it until it became a habit and I hate the fact that I can't control it anymore. I hate him for making me like this. I hate him. I hate that I hate him and I hate that I don't. I hate that no matter how hard I try I can't hate him, I hate that he left and I hate that I don't know why.

*****X*****

I don't get why my father insisted on us living in a castle, and such a large one at that. We have a total of fifty-one guards, fourteen other staff, almost fifteen human 'slaves' and the only others who live here are my sister and I plus Skylar and her mother for now. There are three levels, the top has the kitchen, eight guest rooms, six bedrooms and the dinning hall while the second level has the throne room, ball room and three more guest rooms and the last, completely unnecessary, level is bellow ground and consists of several cells for prisoners all equipped with mostly unused torture devices as well as a wine cellar, which again, is completely unnecessary. I snap out of my thoughts just as I'm about to run into the wall. Genius. I turn right and pay more attention to where I'm walking before stopping in front of my room. I knock and step inside quietly. Skylar's mother's sitting up tiredly rubbing her eyes. Her shoulder length blonde hair is messy and tangled and she's wearing the same clothes as yesterday...I should probably get her new ones.

"Where's Skylar?" I look around confused

"She's not with you?" Lauren looks at me confused and my palms begin to sweat. What if something happened to her? What if someone took her? What if-

"Hey Olivia" I blink repeatedly, snapping out of my thoughts as Skylar walks back to the bed with two plates in her hand

"Where the hell were you?" I try to sound agitated but the relief is evident in my voice

"I was hungry geez, calm down" Skylar shrugs handing her mother one of the plates before digging in "I went to the kitchen to make breakfast"

"Y-you...Y-you what?" I stare at her shocked and she frowns confused "Y-you realize we have cooks right?"

Skylar nods and continues eating while I frown confused. Humans are weird.

"R-right" I relax my face "anyway, I'm going away for a while in a few days so you'll be staying with my sister"

Skylar stops eating and stiffens at the mention of my sister so I continue hastily

"Don't worry, I'll make sure she doesn't do anything" Skylar relaxes nodding

"How long will you be gone?" Skylar asks with a small voice and I bite my lip at her sad face. Damn it she's cute...huh? wait?

"I'm not sure" I clear my throat "I promise I'll be back in a week at most"

"Why are you leaving?" she makes it sound as if I'm abandoning her

"I have to speak with some" I pause biting my lip again "f-friends of mine"

"That's a lie" Lauren huffs annoyed 

"Fine" I sigh, why do these two always manage to get what they want from me "I need to make up for someone's incompetence and speak to the nearby werewolf pack"

"Werewolves?" Skylars eyes widen exitedly while her mother's widen in slight fear "can I come?"

"Not a chance" I chuckle as her face falls "It's too dangerous, you might get hurt"

I've known this girl for barely a day but if something happened to her I don't know what I'd do... what the hell is wrong with me?

"Dang" Skylar pouts and I fight the urge to give in and hug her. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck stop pouting fuck she's cute fuck fuck i wish I could... Fuck

A/N-Short I know but I gotta pack for camp and I'm too lazy to write more

Thanks for Reading!

-C