Chapter 20

Leila POV

I groan inwardly as Skylar tugs at my fur again. Can we just throw her off? That chick is gonna start tearing out clumps. I chuckle and ignore my wolf as we continue tracking down Olivia. My shoulder stings again as Skylar cleans it and I slow down slight to ease the pain. She whispers sorry, petting my fur comfortingly. I nod and slow down nearing Olivia's scent.  Angry snarling and hissing reaches my ears and I look up at Skylar checking  if she can hear, human hearing is pretty terrible after all.

"Do you hear that?" Skylar frowns, focusing, before nodding. God human hearing is worse than I thought, they're practically screaming. I run forward, jumping into a small clearing and in between the two fighting leaders. My dads lean dark wolf would probably overpower most other vampires, but not Olivia. He's never won against her, and honestly, I hope he never does.  They jump apart but instantly charge at one another again. Skylar jumps off and I turn back into human form rushing to push my father away from Olivia. I turn my head slightly, watching Slylar hug Olivia tightly out of the corner of my eye. Olivia's eyes are different from their usual completely black colour. This time her pupil is bright red and black lines, almost looking like multiple tiny veins, extend from all around her eyes. Her teeth are sharper and longer than usually and her entire being is focused on destroying my father. He really fucked up.

"Dad stop you can't win against her, look at her!" I scream at him and he growls at me fiercely. He pushes me away roughly and I crash into a tree. I fall to the ground bellow it and I scream, feeling my shoulder pop out of place. Olivia's hissing become louder and more furious and Skylar is pushed away as my dad charges at Olivia. She hisses, and jumps at him effectively tackling him to the ground. She claws at his face before he manages to kick her off. Olivia is thrown back and spins in the air, managing to land on her hands and knees rather than crashing to the ground on her back. I run towards my dad again, holding him back again as Skylar tugs at Olivia's sleeve. Olivia hisses at Skylar fiercely and Skylar jumps away scared. She stops hissing suddenly and eyes return to normal and her claws and teeth retract as her face turns from looking completely pissed off to shocked and apologetic.

"S-Skylar I'm sorry I-" she steps towards the human girl, who steps away, a frightened look in her eyes "I'm sorry I should never have done that please, don't be scared I didn't mean to"

Skylar swallows nodding and slowly moves forward hugging Olivia. She sighs breathing in the queens scent and calming down.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have thought you would hurt me-"

"GUYS THATS ALL VERY NICE BUT CAN YOU DO THAT SHIT LATER?!" I growl struggling against my father "I KINDA NEED YOUR HELP HERE!"

Olivia laughs and steps away from her fragile human mate. She walks towards my father calmly, putting her hand on his neck and staring him in the eyes as he bites the air trying to reach her face. She winks at me before my father suddenly collapses. He growls angrily, but he now reeks of fear despite not showing it. It's the same thing she did with me, god I hated that.

"Aww not so tough now that you're helpless huh?" Olivia chuckles, clearly having noticed my fathers fear scent. She places her hand under my fathers ear and between his shoulder blades forcing him back into human form. I laugh as he looks around surprised with fear replacing all his anger "well let's go"

Olivia grabs his leg pulling him along behind her as she grabs Skylar's hand and starts walking back to the mansion. I wonder how Emma is doing.. I sigh thinking about my mate.. And about how I couldn't protect her..

"Let me go you bitch" my fathers angry shouting snaps me out of my thoughts and I laugh as Olivia twitches slightly at being called a bitch. He's really not helping himself